Newbie Vegan Here¡ My story and looking for some tips at the end

cjwalker

Hi, after some time thinking about it, I have decided to go Vegan.

My short story: I am a male 22 y/o from Madrid, Spain. During my whole life I have been training and i was a semi-professional athlete and training almost every day of my life for almost 8 years.

I was kinda shocked after i was diagnosed with Lymphona at 17. My parents went deep into everything that could help me and one thing they did was changing everything food related at my home. I always ate tons of meat, industrial sugars etc... but also always vegetables, a very varied diet, so my body never really lacked of anything heatlhy. I was aware that the diet change was helping me a lot fighting with all that

9 months after being diagnosed i was C*****-Free and I went back to training and eating like before. I didn´t think I could keep on my training level without meat for example.

Recently I got injuried and by chance a book about food ended up in my hands. I read it and started understanding about food, then a couple more of books, a couple Documentals and after thinking about it I decided to go vegan yesterday.

So now I need your help to find some good resources of Vegan Nutrition and training, what extra vitamins to take, recipes to make eating vegan fun... Blogs, studies, magazines, videos, everything you recomend¡

Thanks for your help and I hope this works¡

EDIT: If your resources are also in Spanish that can save me some time from reading and deeply understanding it¡ thank you very much guys.

@cjwalker
So now I need your help to find some good resources of Vegan Nutrition and training, what extra vitamins to take, recipes to make eating vegan fun... Blogs, studies, magazines, videos, everything you recomend¡

There's nothing very specific imo.

B12 should be supplemented, D you might not need, selenium is often mentionned but I never heard of deficiency, eat a variety of stuff, eat a lot, done.

If you're bored, you can look up stuff from mic the vegan online, simnett nutrition is quite alright too, ...

I don't have anything in spanish as eh, I don't speak spanish.

@tery
D you might not need

OP this is reckless advice, don't listen to this guy, he's not a doctor, specifically not your doctor.

"Vitamin D deficiency is very common. It's estimated that about 1 billion people worldwide have low levels of the vitamin in their blood. According to a 2011 study, 41.6% of adults in the US are deficient. This number goes up to 69.2% in Hispanics and 82.1% in African-Americans."

All that said, if you're eating a WFPB diet you're very likely to hit all your micronutrient goals provided you're eating enough calories. However, like most vegans I don't follow a strict WFPB diet.

I take a Men's multivitamin, and vitamin D. And for lifting purposes I take ZMA's/Magnesium.

Back