Nick Mathew’s shirt…

@davidnando2 They're not being paid, but pretty sure their terms and conditions state that they have to compete in Games-issued clothing or forfeit competition. Which is why everyone was Reebok'd up in footwear, despite possibly having other sponsors, prior to either 2018 or 2019.

@ozlogos Medeiros’ shorts after the pullovers looked like an adult diaper.

I saw it a few other times on different athletes as well but that was the most iconic diaper moment.

@kennybest Figures, I had to work the last day so I didn’t get to see anything but highlights yet. Just thought it was funny they talked about it the first day and said “not allowed to make any alterations to the jersey” like it’s this sacred thing and not a t shirt with the logo on it

@kennybest I don't understand this reasoning tbh... First, lots of athletes were without a shirt a lot of the time (so, less publicity or clout or whatever) and second, how come they didn't seize the opportunity to come up with a crop top model knowing he had done it already last year... I think it could have been a good seller just because of all the talking about it..

Back