Non-Food Socializing Ideas

lena_the_lena

Hi Petite peeps :) I was wondering if y’all have any ideas on alternatives to brunch/dinner/drinks to catch up with friends? Especially in winter when it’s too cold to do picnics/park hangs/walks/outdoor activities. I’d rather not stray from my diet, which is 1500 cal, 100+ grams protein per day. It’s so hard to stay in the limit when doing dinners out / drinks. I’m pretty social and live in a big city so this is a frequent issue. I make exceptions for special occasions like birthdays, but want more ideas for typical weekend hangs. Excited to hear your thoughts :)

@lena_the_lena Games like bowling/escape rooms, game nights at home where you can make the food yourself, museums and exhibits, etc.

If I wanna go out to the restaurant or bar during my cut, I will usually eat beforehand and order a meal with protein and veg side, ask for a box and box up half to take home. At the bar, vodka soda is my go to and stick to 1-2 drinks before ordering soda.

@kristen_prays I found friend that introduced me to running errands together. It was the best friendship I had as an adult. We are still friends but I moved away a couple of years ago and have been longing for a friend to run around with again.

@lena_the_lena This can be so tough! Indoor mini golf or axe throwing, play pool, movies (most chain theatres have $6 Tuesdays), check out free events in your city like first fridays or free museum days, workout, dance classes (this would be a double whammy of trying to stay fit and social too!), try a one-time class like painting or something with plants or some craft.

For hosting at home, agree w board game idea, clothing swaps, cook or bake together.. sometimes my friends and I just watch youtube videos together lol.

You could go out to a restaurant or bar and just try to drink a lot of water and eat at home beforehand.

@lena_the_lena If you are in a position where you have to eat out, I would always ask my friends the restaurant first and see the menu and base off that and basically plan my meal before going there.

@lena_the_lena Coffee/tea, painting class, top golf, bowling, art museum, comedy show, ice skating, spa (like a place with saunas and plunge pools), mani/pedi, shopping excursion (especially cute small boutiques or consignment stores), book club, aquarium, musical/play, board game night, live music

@lena_the_lena A couple of my friends and I use Class Pass and we try different classes in our neighborhoods together. We've done Barre, Reformer Pilates, AMRAP classes etc. It's been really fun to try a new workout and socialize, we usually just go for a coffee or tea after to actually catch up.

I also live in a big city so I've met up with friends for a free art museum night, a board game cafe, rock climbing, a tea tasting event, bowling and live music. I've had friends over for a trivia night on our PS5, I've also had friends over to do a clothing and jewelry swap.

@lena_the_lena Go to an indoor rock climbing gym. It’s usually not too spendy and you can rent the needed equipment to see if you like it. I ended up buying gear after getting hooked and it’s great exercise. My upper body looks amazing when I go regularly.