Not everybody will have a bubble butt. And that’s okay.

@g3ntl3w4rri0r THIS 100% THIS. I can milk myself in the gym then walk out the street and see a woman who has never touched a weight in her life with the perfect physique. Then if you put her in gym clothes everyone would think she’s a genius “glute growth” influencer. Makes you think a lot about what you see on social media.

@slimjack18 LITERALLY! Anyone with a nice body can just buy a pair of Amazon scrunch shorts. I started following actual IFBB pro’s because their glutes are solid muscle

@miesedap I don’t trust influencers that only advertise glutes. There are so many other parts of our bodies that need exercise. I look at these influencers arms, backs, and calves, etc. If no other part of their body looks fit, I disregard what they’re saying. There are a few exceptions.

@g3ntl3w4rri0r Yep. I’m lean and muscular but my hip dips take a “scoop” out of the side of my butt. No matter how much work I do, I will always have that concave spot. It used to bother me, but now I focus on areas like my arms or abs where I am lucky to pretty easily have defined muscles.

@bethany35 Yep same, my hip dips make my butt look very square from the back. I do work out so from the side I have great projection!

But guess what post online, post anywhere, about having a square butt and hip dips? Everyone's first assumption is ur doing the 'wrong' exercises, ur not doing 'enough' exercises ... Or that you're just not naturally feminine enough.

@g3ntl3w4rri0r What’s crazy is it sounds like you have a great butt! I don’t get why everyone tries to get the same body shape, such a strange thing. I obviously have things I’d like to change but in reality it’s all about enhancing what I have.

@g3ntl3w4rri0r I can't state the accuracy of this because my younger sister is naturally built like JLo. I'm built like Kat Dennings. I got the upper business, and her, the lower. I have to work decently to have what she does. We share the same genetics but we look like we aren't even related (we are).
I also know that I will never look like her, and it's okay. Diversity is wonderful!

@g3ntl3w4rri0r It's just fashion, which is fickle and never lasts. Who remember thigh gap and how it was so freaking important to have stick legs and a tiny butt? Or how about the long ass looks of the 80's with high rise thong bikinis that started from the very top of the hip bones and made your rear look like a pancake. Speaking of the 80's, big butts that are in style today were considered "fat" back then. Women's bellies go from herion chic to a pronounced pouch and everything in between. Boobs, OMG wwhat is popular changes so fast, how big, what size, gentle sag, perky etc. WTF?

What looks best, in clothes or naked, is a fit version of you. That will look different for everyone.

@g3ntl3w4rri0r Oh 100%

In the same vein, not everyone can have defined abs (and maintain them).

One of the fittest most incredible women I've ever seen had a little square butt. It was very cute.

Some of us are slender, some of us are stocky (hello), some girls have larger waists, some have smaller waists, some have bigger arms some have smaller arms.

No matter what your body shape is, a fit and healthy version of it is always going to look fit, healthy and, most importantly, good!

@g3ntl3w4rri0r right with ya girl! I like to say that god made me humble by giving me a flat ass lol it was the same butt passed down to me by my mother and grandmother.

I've finally reached a place of neutrality with my butt however I've noticed that I can make it healthier & firmer. All butts are great butts!

@christthecenter God humbled me too! I don’t know what I would have gotten into if I had a larger butt! I don’t want all my workouts to be towards a larger butt. It doesn’t seem like a good long term motivator.

@g3ntl3w4rri0r Genetics are fun.
When I was young my sister and mother used to joke that I was so skinny my butt caved inwards, now 20 years we all know about hip dips.

No amount or type of exercise will get rid of them, and I'm okay with that..
In fact, it seems like the more muscle I put on, the more pronounced they are 🤷🏽‍♀️

@g3ntl3w4rri0r Heard, and no one feels sorry for me, but I HAVE a bubble butt and don’t want it. It’s just the shape it’s been since the day I was born - my mom loves to tell stories of the nurses commenting on it 😂 I’m more masculine presenting in my style, so I’d love to trade for a less bubble butt.

More important, bubble butts like mine don’t mean strong glutes. In fact, I had very very weak glutes that exacerbated my sciatica and only after several weeks of consistent weight training with a PT did I build enough base strength to resolve the issue for now.

@billyallen50 I feel for you. I say I’d like a larger butt, but I don’t struggle to find pants that fit correctly. People thought when I was at my skinniest (100lbs) that I was so healthy because I was small. I couldn’t walk up steps without being winded. A 10lb weight would have been a struggle.

@billyallen50 I've always had a butt and thighs. I'm what people call "bottom heavy". I've been going to the gym for the past 8 years and my butt has gotten smaller as I've gotten leaner. I do progressive overload, and have improved my marks, but as I lost weight, some of it was my butt. It does look rounder, smoother and it's hard, but the ass you can build with muscle is never going to be as big as a butt that's made of fat

@billyallen50 I've always had a butt and thighs. I'm what people call "bottom heavy". I've been going to the gym for the past 8 years and my butt has gotten smaller as I've gotten leaner. I do progressive overload, and have improved my marks, but as I lost weight, some of it was my butt. It does look rounder, smoother and it's hard, but the ass you can build with muscle is never going to be as big as a butt that's made of fat

Back