Not everybody will have a bubble butt. And that’s okay.

@billyallen50 I've always had a butt and thighs. I'm what people call "bottom heavy". I've been going to the gym for the past 8 years and my butt has gotten smaller as I've gotten leaner. I do progressive overload, and have improved my marks, but as I lost weight, some of it was my butt. It does look rounder, smoother and it's hard, but the ass you can build with muscle is never going to be as big as a butt that's made of fat

@g3ntl3w4rri0r What is wrong with people that they don’t understand this obvious point? We all have different frames. I’m sorry they are so ignorant. It must be trying. Plus, in a couple years, that butt will be out of style. Body type preference goes in cycles.

@g3ntl3w4rri0r That is just so true. I’m actually pear shaped, I have super wide hips (like the bone itself) and store a lot of fat in my thighs, and I’m guessing quite a bit in my butt too. The thing is, my hips are so wide that unless I build an insane amount of muscle in my glutes, it will always look flat.

I actually see some people with narrow hips that will get that bubble-butt effect, and it’s enhanced by the fact that they’re narrow, because it takes less fat/muscle to fill that area.

Anyway I don’t know if I’m making any sense but basically, my natural physique is just one that makes it so that from the back, my butt looks flat and probably always will, unless I dedicate my entire life to make it look different, which I won’t and that’s okay.

@g3ntl3w4rri0r I have a natural soft bubble butt and it gets smaller and firmer the more I work out and do squats. I swear to god. My hip to waist ratio gets smaller too.

It’s influensters spreading this propaganda, I think.

@g3ntl3w4rri0r I ALWAYS say that. All the personal trainers in the world and all the exercises and work outs, don’t you think they would ALL have a bbl butt? They don’t. Because it’s not one size fits all. It’s genetics or surgery. Period.

@g3ntl3w4rri0r I agree with you. I always had a big but, genetic here because I stopped working for years till a few years ago when I came back. My bf says my butt is padded compared to his bony-type 😂

I always thought my butt is too big and it was one of my main insecurities. A lot of friends envy my butt and I was like "I don't, I can't buy trousers because they can't fit my big thighs or butt. If they fit, it'll be fucking big on my waist".

I never liked my big hips, butt or shoulders. Yeah, my frame is a hourglass so it's been a nightmare to fit a lot of clothing. Too big, too small...

But I assumed it's my body. It's not going to be smaller no matter how much I want it, bones can't change. So, I just assumed my body will always look like a powerbuilder. I just left the fashions and do what I want. I learned to love my bulkier frame and pushing myself to be more defined and big. Still, trousers fitting is a prob but... Nothing a belt can't fix haha

@g3ntl3w4rri0r Yep. It's just like core shape and thigh gaps. I will always have thick thighs.. even when I was 98lbs in high-school, I never had a thigh gap. Luckily I do have a nice round butt as a result, but my sister on the other hand, is total opposite. She's long and lean and has gorgeous legs. I have never had defined abs, but I do have more noticeable obliques. My sister is the opposite there too. We both lift heavy, but she's got our dads' build and I got my moms!

@davidn87 She does. But I’ve only picked up running this past year. It hasn’t done much to change my body shape other than more defined calves and quads. My calves look amazing!

@g3ntl3w4rri0r Exactly! I have pear shaped body, my butt is both wide and lifted from genetics. and I am short with small tits and they look opposite sides lol! My sister is tall, slender, has a beautiful butt in my opinion but not as distinct as mine. I would kill for her body yet she likes to be more curvey. And she never ever gains weight whatever and whenever she eats while here I am has to count every single calorie :( we all have different body types, there is no one beauty definition in my opinion. Social media ruined our perception in that regard. Doing sports and taking care of yourself is good so is being happy in your own skin.

@g3ntl3w4rri0r Congrats! I have recently come to that place, too, acceptance, and wow, it is liberating. Yes, I still put in the work consistently, but I'm not gonna lose sleep over it. It's pure aesthetic. There are other metrics of fitness that are way more crucial.

@g3ntl3w4rri0r Yes I agree because with zero effort through the years whether I was 114lb to 30lb heavier today, I’ve ALWAYS had a bubble butt, in adolescence when you’re forming your self image it was still a negative trait… Self acceptance and loving yourself no matter what is the trend is the solution.

Back