PPLers: Which day is the most difficult for you?

@786man sooner or later you gonna hurt yourself with this bro reduce daily volume per muscle 3-6 sets.

remove dealift from pull day, i would remove one of rows also and put a pull up alternative instead of second row.

10 sets of squats at day looks too much and meanigless just do 3 sets normal and 3 sets any variation if you wanna get max what you can get from it

for push day please be careful with you shoulder and elbow health

body weigth triceps extensions can be good alternatives for kick back or maybe incline french press or JM press

i personaly would do 6 total horizontal press set for workout and preffer start with bench press instead of push ups. like push1 - Bench + push ups. push2- Bench + incline Dumbell press. and wouldn't put 4 sets of ohp 2 times a week after that much press 2 sets per workout would be great

@786man lol, PPL for beginners is funny. If I did 5 sets of squats with my working weight for 9-12 reps and then supersetted another 5 sets with calves, I’d be fucked for a week. Then have to do RDLS for 5 sets after?

@jluponeage I've incorporated the supersetted squats only recently, previously it was just calves on their own. It's grueling while doing it, but the next day I'm fine I guess. Especially on the second leg day, where there is a rest day in between, it's like leg day never happened hahaha.

@jluponeage I started in March 2023, but I was doing 2-3 sessions per week with a personal training coach, and then the rest of the week I was doing a bunch of bodyweight exercises at home. Regarding the training routine that I posted, I've been doing it since June when I bought my home equipment. I've done several modifications to the routine since I started doing it, but its core has stayed more or less the same.

Back