PPLers: Which day is the most difficult for you?

@786man sooner or later you gonna hurt yourself with this bro reduce daily volume per muscle 3-6 sets.

remove dealift from pull day, i would remove one of rows also and put a pull up alternative instead of second row.

10 sets of squats at day looks too much and meanigless just do 3 sets normal and 3 sets any variation if you wanna get max what you can get from it

for push day please be careful with you shoulder and elbow health

body weigth triceps extensions can be good alternatives for kick back or maybe incline french press or JM press

i personaly would do 6 total horizontal press set for workout and preffer start with bench press instead of push ups. like push1 - Bench + push ups. push2- Bench + incline Dumbell press. and wouldn't put 4 sets of ohp 2 times a week after that much press 2 sets per workout would be great

@786man lol, PPL for beginners is funny. If I did 5 sets of squats with my working weight for 9-12 reps and then supersetted another 5 sets with calves, I’d be fucked for a week. Then have to do RDLS for 5 sets after?

@jluponeage I've incorporated the supersetted squats only recently, previously it was just calves on their own. It's grueling while doing it, but the next day I'm fine I guess. Especially on the second leg day, where there is a rest day in between, it's like leg day never happened hahaha.

@jluponeage I started in March 2023, but I was doing 2-3 sessions per week with a personal training coach, and then the rest of the week I was doing a bunch of bodyweight exercises at home. Regarding the training routine that I posted, I've been doing it since June when I bought my home equipment. I've done several modifications to the routine since I started doing it, but its core has stayed more or less the same.

@786man Goddamn that's a lot of volume. Maybe have 2 different pull days and on one do barbell rows and on another do single arm DB rows. Personally I like 5-6 exercises with 3-5 sets per exercise and sometimes throw something in at the end if I'm not feeling too fried.

@msulli Other than being more time consuming, I really don't have an issue fatigue-wise with the double row exercises on the Pull day. The most fatiguing one is by far the Deadlift, being the freaking Deadlift as well as being relatively late into the training session. I will be considering moving Deadlifts to Leg day, maybe alternating it with either Squats or RDLs as suggested by an other commenter. This ought to make Leg days a bit more fun!

@786man I’d say get on a proper program and start working harder and smarter. There is no way you are pushing yourself hard enough in your workouts.

@ilearn Even though I feel quite rested the next day, I believe that the workouts themselves are quite exhausting. I need to concetrate before each set, and going through them definitely isn't easy. However, I admit that most sets are not brought to failure. The only sets that are brought to true failure are probably the bicep curls. For the rest of the exercises, I'd say that I go up to maybe 3-5 RIR, may be more/less depending on the exercise.

Back