Progress update using RP Hypertrophy app (Week 5 of 6)

eil

Today marks my last day of week 5 of my week 6 mesocycle using the RP Hypertrophy App. Here is my progress within this timeframe:

Incline bench: Week 1= 145x5 | Week 5= 175x5

Weighted Dips: Week 1= 25lbsx5 | Week 5= 55x9

Weighted Pull-ups: Week 1= 7.5lbsx8 | Week 5= 27.5x8

Tricep Pushdown: Week 1=60x5 | Week 5=70x9

Machine Fly (Unilateral): Week 1=135x10 | Week 5=170x8

These are the exercises I’ve made the most noticeable strength gains on. The rest of the exercises (Accessory exercises for shoulders, biceps, back, and legs) I’ve kept the same weight throughout but increased my rep or set volume based on the answers I provided.

I plan to do 4 more mesocycles (mainly upper body focused while maintaining my lower body) with a mixture of strength focus on Monday, strength/hypertrophy on Wednesday, and hypertrophy only on Friday. Will continue to monitor the progress and exercises and create my new programs based on it. Really happy with the results so far!

Haven’t lifted like this since 2020 so just getting back into the groove of things.

@eil You say you haven’t trained since 2020, so I’m going to assume this is all muscle memory….nobody who’s been training awhile is increasing their incline bench 30 pounds in just over a month, let alone on a bodybuilding program

Need a lot more time to see how the program actually performs for you.

@amelia97 Agree although I think it’s definitely a mix of muscle memory/ new gain’s because quite frankly a lot of the exercises I’m performing (Like dips) are exercises that I’ve never performed before but specifically programmed this time to do things like increase my bench for example. I want to see how I will be in the next 4 months while strictly using this app, just looking to post my progress throughout each phase 👍

Would like to add my maxes for reference from a few years back:

Bench: 225x3
Conventional Deadlift: 445lbsx5
Squat: 405x3

@eil This is actually super helpful thank you. I was considering signing up for the app but I can't make $15 a month make sense for advice you can just read on the internet.

@somberry I agree and I’m not someone who normally would consider spending $30/month on an app, but training is a huge hobby of mine and something I would like to make a career out of. I see this app as a way for me to learn the modalities of volume programming and progression, while also learning how my body responds to different exercises, techniques and volume.

I consider it an investment to my health in this sense, especially since I’m recovering from a neurological condition and I’m regaining strength in half my body slowly but surely. Hence why my strength is shooting up because I used to lift quite frequently and I’m just now getting into the swing of training hard again and following my own programming while utilizing the knowledge from RP.

It helps that I work at a gym though so I get a free membership in this case. So the $30 I would’ve spent on a membership is now going to the app instead for programming purposes!