Question about PB & j

@jd4christ Let me know when you inherit another or inherit more grandparents with a mortar and pestle xD maybe I'll crush them in my hands like I do my enemies.

@antony32 I dont eat PB sandwiches but i buy frozen berry mix, crush it inside the bag while frozen and take out the amount that i need a day before to defrost and then put it in my oats. It's not really jam but very mushy, so maybe that's enough.

@antony32 Have you tried a savory pb sando yet? Cilantro, pb, sriracha and sesame oil! Its like a peanut sauce sandwich. Sometimes I throw on a veggie too.

@antony32 Please tell me what peanut butter you use. My macros get all jacked up when I eat a PB&J :(

As for the jelly...I’ve honestly never thought of that. I try to go for a short ingredient list when buying jelly

@theanimal What how can pb&j mess up macros? The peanut butter is good if the only real ingredient is peanuts. Mine is everyday 365 i think and it has dry roasted peanuts and a small amount of added salt. Finding good bread is hard, I'm not sure what constitutes good bread but i just try for 100% whole grain and shorter ingredient list of stuff i understand hopefully no preservatives. Jelly is hard.

@antony32 Ezekiel low sodium is my go-to. It is a bit dry, but the ingredients are solid and I can't justify other breads considering how superior the ingredients are.

Definitely a bread that needs some ham though.

@theanimal Haha i guess if you are really going for loads of protein to keep the body fat % down then i can see that, im more concerned about getting enough of everything than i am too much of any one thing

@antony32 You can buy jams made using fruit and fruit concentrates, no added sugar.

They're high in sugars because that's in the nature of reduced fruit set with pectin but it's more nutritious than it would otherwise be.

@william1224 Yeah fruit is amazing but i feel like if you just take the juice concentrate then it is basically just sugar and there is no health value in it so i was hoping to find an alternative

@antony32 Microwave frozen berries for a short bit until
They are warm and kind of syrupy and add chia seeds to thicken to a jelly and cinnamon for taste. I got used to the taste without adding any sort of sweetener but you could add your favorite if you need it. Sort of a ghetto jam but works for me :)

Back