r/PetiteFitness Lounge

You certainly have your hands full. Not every journey has the same timeline. For sure don’t push yourself too hard. When I’m crazed with work and life, I make time for just a 10 min workout. Anything is better than nothing. Keep it up though, you sound like you are killing it.

@versewatches I was mostly postponing a workout routine due time. I’m still working full time and OT, with a baby and measuring all the food that gets cooked. So I was mostly using my little free time to just chill. It’s inevitable though. I have a trx thingy here and a 10lb Russian weight so that may be good enough to start. The bands sound good

If you are just starting out, I recommend getting some resistance bands ( they are cheap on amazon) and do some YouTube at home workouts :) A fitness guru that posts some really great at home workouts is ‘madfit’

Honestly? ASAP! Strength training doesn’t actually burn that many calories, so it’s fine to do even when you are on a strict calorie plan. What is does it build muscle, so that eventually, you can eat more. Which is definitely what us petites need!

As for eating back the calories, sometimes you need to listen to your body. Weight loss is not linear. Just be wary about adding too much in, as it is harder to measure calories burned from exercise than it is to measure food calories.

Totally feel you on that. To add more resistance, I purchased ankle weights and x heavy resistance bands and combined the two to my at home workouts. It helped me feel the burn again!

@versewatches Which is why I’ve been doing more cardio and was thinking of adding a few more calories to my diet to sustain that but I don’t know if that’s the right thing to do

@versewatches I make protein my main part of the dish and usually eat it with a lot of fruit and veg, less complex carbs bc I am very into volume eating. I think the strength training is really key but unfortunately I don’t have a gym due to covid and I only have adjustable 15 lb dumbbells that I’ve been using but I don’t know if it’s enough to get leaner.

Also, something that is useful for plateaus is changing up your strength training. Adding more weight, trying new movements

This is tough because it depends on a lot of factors. What kind of food are you eating everyday? How much protein? As for your exercise- I recommend cutting down the cardio. Keep in mind that the recommended daily deficit is 500 cal, and that 1200 calories in not enough to sustain regular heavy exercise

@versewatches I have a question that maybe one of you can answer, so since January I have been eating 1200 calories and I’ve gone down from 142 to 120(I’m 5’2) . I mainly lost the weight through cardio and weight lifting but I’ve noticed recently that I’m always extremely cold and I have no energy. I’m stuck at a plateau and I’m still lifting and doing cardio. My question is, should I eat more calories on the days I work out and stay at 1200 on the days I don’t to maintain a small deficit or do you think that I won’t lose anymore weight if I eat more than 1200 a day?

Back