r/workout's Greatest Hits, My Attempt at a FAQ for this sub

zach17

Hi r/workout

For those who don't know me, I am the guy who routinely "copy and pastes" the same four-five answers in almost all posts here on r/workout. Some might find this annoying, but to be completely honest, 80 percent of the questions on this sub fall in to three categories (with sub-sections):
  1. I am beginner and I don't know how to start?
  2. How do I do I lose weight/tone my (insert body part)?
  3. Is this routine any good?
LINK TO OG POST: This is my attempt at answering these questions (and more) in the hopes that at least some new trainees might find it helpful

[sup]\[/sup]It took some time for THE mod to approve my original post, probably due to the amounts of external links.)

GL with your training!

@zach17 I've always wondered what your motivation is for putting in so much time and effort in answering these endless posts. Thank you for your contribution!

@zach17 You forgot "how do I get/stay motivated?"

I do pretty much the same thing with copypasta replies. I actually get quite a few thoughtful replies and the occasional DM following up and thanking me for my advice. Someone attacked me once for "wasting my time" because I gave a long thoughtful (but copypasted) reply other than "read the wiki." It was the most asinine reply I've ever gotten. They weren't critiquing my advice either it was just the fact that I wrote out a lengthy reply.

@zach17 It was weird to get bitched out for making an effort to help people lol.

Yeah motivation is a tough one to deal with. I have a "habit building" copypasta that I usually share on those posts. My least favorite ones are the "be my accountability partner" posts. Of everyone I've known that's tried that route it's always failed.

@zach17 Are you the one who always posts to read the website fitwiki or whatever it’s called and says to real all of it, ALL OF IT. I find that funny for some reason

@jojo777 I am. Glad you found it funny dude! As a habitual skimmer of information myself, it's good to be reminded to read everything properly sometimes.

Back