Review my split kindly suggest any changes..

rosebud921

Hii my main goal is to gain strength and look good and bulky in clothes , i dont want 6 pack abs or anything, this is my split kindly suggest any changes

Day 1 push:
  1. DB bench press 5*5
  2. Shoulder press 3*(5-8) rep range
  3. lateral raise cable 3* (10-15) rep range
  4. Chest Fly (machine) 3*(8-12) rep range
  5. Skull crushers(Ez bar) 3*(5-8) rep range
  6. Triceps Kickback (cable) 3*(10-15) rep range
Day 2 pull:
  1. Bent over row 3*(8-10)
  2. Deadlift 3*(6-8)
  3. Shrugs 3*(10-12)
  4. Incline Curls 3*(6-8)
  5. Preacher Curl (barbell) 3*(8-12)
Day 3 legs:
  1. Bulgarian Split squats 3*(8-10)
  2. leg extension 3*(8-10)
  3. Seated calf raises 3*(8-12)
  4. Reverse ab crunch 3*(8-12)
Day 4 push:
  1. Decline Bench Press (barbell) 3*(8-12)
  2. Incline BP (dumbbell) 3*(8-12)
  3. lateral raise DB (chest supported) 3* (10-15) rep range
  4. Rope pushdown 3*(8-12)
  5. Dips 3*(4-6)
Day 5 pull:
  1. Lat Pulldown 3*(8-12)
  2. T bar row 3*(8-12)
  3. Reverse cable fly 3*(10-12)
  4. EZ bar curls 3*(8-10)
  5. Hammer curls 3*(6-8)
Day 6 legs:
  1. Squats 5*5
  2. Hack squat 3*(6-8)
  3. Leg curls 3*(8-12)
  4. Standing calf raises 3*(8-12)
  5. Hanging leg raises 3 sets
This is ideal routine sometimes i skip a leg day if i am not recovered but mostly i follow this, please suggest if anything is wrong

@rosebud921 Finally I’m seeing a workout plan here which doesn’t have unnecessary volume. Your plan is pretty good. If done correctly, training close to failure and decent intensity with good diet which contains 2x protein per kg body weight and 300/400 calories deficit. You’ll grow.

Just a few things I would like to point out (keep in mind, these suggestions are just for optimisation of your plan you may skip them as well)
  1. Do skill crushers with single arm either with DB or on a cable machine (let me know if you want a video to see how to do them)
  2. No need to bend over and do kickbacks. You’re not getting any extra benefit by bending over, simple stand straight and do single arm cable push downs. Also, do push downs first then skullcrushers.
  3. Completely remove bent over rows. Bent over rows then dead lifts, no need to tax your lower back unnecessarily. Replace it with with chest supported rows (narrow grip, cable/DB your choice)
  4. I hope you mean seated incline curls and not incline chest supported curls. If no, then add seated incline curls instead.
  5. You can add leg press in day 3 legs workout.
  6. Replace decline bench press with high to low cable cross overs.
  7. Instead of doing chest supported lateral raises, do sideways incline supported lateral raises
  8. Replace dips with overhead rope extension.
  9. Replace any one abs exercise with cable crunches.

@te15 Hey, I tried it today but felt the load on top of my shoulders while pushing it downwards.

Can you link or upload a video showing how to correctly perform it? Something that guides how to perform instead of just visually portraying it?

@gabechosen15 These two explain it well enough.

If you still face some issue. DM me the video of you doing the movement so that I can see where you’re lacking

@te15 Thanks for such detailed suggestions man i truly appreciate it, i have some doubts
1. I saw on reels that triceps kickbacks puts triceps in lengthened position targeting long head, is that false?
2. I hear lot of influencers saying dips are like squats for upper body , so i thought i shouldn't skip them , are they overrated?

Rest of your advice i will follow frm next week thanks again
As for fourth point i did mean seated incline curls 🙌

@rosebud921 You’re most welcome 🙏
  1. How are you performing it? Like this? If yes, then no this position doesn’t lengthen the long head.
  2. Dips are hard on shoulders, there is more load on shoulders than triceps and lower chest. You need to learn to do it right to make sure you’re minimising shoulder engagement. If you like to do it and your shoulder mobility is good enough sure continue with them. But if your goal is purely hypertrophy, then we have much better, safer and effective alternatives. In case you would like to see how to perform dips better then see this video.

@rosebud921 I feel like you should include one more exercise for glutes, especially since you skip leg day sometimes. Glutes help you in running, walking and climbing taira with ease.

@rosebud921 Also replace one curl exercise (besides hammer curl) with pronated grip curls. It will help with forearms and outer bicep growth, and you’ll train all areas of the biceps in a week.

Back