Stuck in a hotel room for 2 weeks. No equipment, only food options are takeout/microwave. Review my fitness plan?

@thinkingatheist I think they're being quarantined for 2 weeks so won't be able to leave or order anything in.

I can recommend the PumaTrac app which has a lot of bodyweight only workouts - I used it during the first period of the UK lockdown when we could only do 1 hr outside exercise a day. It's also free.

@totalimmortal I'd say you can manage more. At the very least I'd say do more variations of the core body weight stuff.

A sample day from my lockdown workout was:

Pushup Circuit:

3x8 Pushup.

3x8 (each side) pushup-to side plank

3x8 Dive Bomber pushups.

3x8 (each side) side to side pushups.

Isometrics

3x20second towel hold bicep curls isometric

3x20s narrow push up hold (edit: you hold in the down position)

3x20s squat hold.

3x20s glute bridge

Finishing with 60 air squats as fast as possible (ideally sub 2:00).

@totalimmortal I mean... what’s your goal with this fitness plan? I think this is not enough activity/exercises for someone who is locked in the room and doesn’t move much.
I worked out at home during quarantine with no equipment at first, too. Just download Adidas Training app, it’s for free. There you can construct your own work out for each day, just choose anything between 10-45 minutes and the muscles you want to target. No equipment is needed for any of these exercises but if you order resistance bands you can most of them even better.

@totalimmortal If you have internet (which it seems you do) learn basic boxing techniques. Jab, cross, hook and uppercut. Learn the correct way with your whole body and not just your arms. Run through all 4 and then do a push-up/push-up variation ( I like the staggered switch push-up). Repeat 10 times, doubling the pushups each time, then do it all again in reverse.

You will do about 110 pushups in a short period of time, and about 80 punches. I would also add in some basic plyometrics, jumping jacks and so on. Don’t forget to warm up and cool down.

@totalimmortal I posted this as a comment but can really recommend the Puma app - it's called PumaTrac. Nike have one called Nike Training Club but a lot of their workouts are equipment based. I think Adidas have one too but I've not used it.

@angroth33 I use the Nike app, from 2016-lockdown starting in March I only did their equipment-free workouts and it was very comprehensive. You can filter for "no equipment" and find lots of stuff, plus now that premium is free there are tons more options. Their trainer Patrick Frost has some amazing acrobatics-based workouts that remind me of my gymnastics class conditioning, great for both strength and mobility in a single workout. Kirsty Godso kicks my butt with agility and cardio and insane core moves. Both yoga trainers are really cool, too, and have non-traditional flows that are geared more towards athletes. The premium classes added a LOT to their program. :)

ETA: My workout space is just over the size of a yoga mat, so these can be done in most hotel rooms.

@angroth33 So glad I spoke up! I'm especially obsessed with the "Non-traditional Strength" one, it's short and full-body and it really complements everything else I do as well as being great alone. I especially find mixing things up useful for my bad back, too much repetition and it gets cranky, but if I mix acrobatic conditioning with traditional training, I feel pretty awesome at the end of my training week.

Ah, training with age and chronic injuries... Lol

@departed Yeah, I bought some gymnastic rings for summer and really enjoyed it. I obviously can't do anything exciting on them but just good to try different movements I think! Plus my knees are a mess so it's good to fixate on core for a while!

@angroth33 Be careful with your knees with this stuff, but it has helped mine even with things that seem like it would hurt them? It's odd. There is definitely an art to finding the right moves with injury, beyond the science, some things I should be able to do hurt while things that seem crazy have helped.

I want to try rings so badly, not anything fancy, but my upper body is my weak spot (female and always did leg sports before, my legs whip right into shape, always, upper body is a slog) and I need to change that for my tumbling. Beginner ring exercises look so challenging in the fun way! What have you done with yours?

@departed So I started with basics like Hollow-hold and working on L-sits, then started "skinning the cat" which actually really helped with an old rotator cuff issue. I then started using the rings and Parallettes to improve my L sit, step through and ring-dips, also with a lot of rows.

I've been trying to build up on Planche and levers but they feel a long way off. It's the best shape my shoulders and core have ever been in though.

I bought a one month training plan off a guy called Coach Keith Petit and am about to go into my second month. I've changed gyms though so have to wait for my own rings to arrive!

@angroth33 That is so cool, thanks for the info! I'm working on hand balancing as well as gymnastics handstand/arm propulsion work and you are totally speaking my language here, I'm definitely looking into home rings now. I think one of the reasons I've struggled with upper body is getting bored with a lot of the work involved and my willpower only keeps up so long, so something like this might be perfect to add to the mix, it's an utterly new challenge to learn, you know? And who couldn't use more core work, right? lol

Also: Go you! That's some really challenging work and I'm sure if you stick with it, you'll get those planches and levers. I find it helps me with those distant goals to think in terms of progressions/sub-goals towards them, so I have some milestones to note my progress and make the distance feel a little shorter, especially for skills that don't have a clear number metric to gauge progression, like a new weight lifted or a faster time. A little celebration of achievement makes me want to achieve more like nothing else. I feel like I spend a lot of time tricking myself into doing the things I love, but... well, patience is the hardest part of adult fitness. lol

@totalimmortal search for sarabeth yoga on youtube and do her power yoga videos. shes awesome and her workouts will not only get you sweating but improve your mobility/flexibility/balance/stamina/etc

@totalimmortal B Day I'd at a minimum at YTWA or YTWL for shoulders as a pull type exercise to offset the push. If you've still got the juice left you could add inverted rows (back) if you have a sturdy table and chair dips or tricep pushups.

@totalimmortal Dips on a chair, cabinet or the edge of the bed. Can probably curl a chair. If you have a table of some kind, you can do inverse rows - holding on to the edge from underneath and pulling yourself up.

@totalimmortal Covid quarantine? Witness Protection?

If you have access to the hall spaces, how about running stairs.

Order in a set of free weights.

Rent a stair climber, eliptic, or treadmill.

Food: Delivered groceries? Is there a bar fridge? Could buy buns and sandwich fixings.

Tinned fish and crackers. Cheese. Tomatoes.