rings mounted to cement ceiling

@jpla010 Depends on the anchor used.

Also, we don't know how strong the ceiling is. Just because it can hold itself up doesn't mean it can withstand someone punching holes in it.

@jth5
Depends on the anchor used.

Correct. If the specs on the site are true (kind of a big "if", in my opinion) OP should be more than ok. However, I would second /@medic75 that if you are going to install something, a bar to hang the rings from would be more useful.

Also, we don't know how strong the ceiling is. Just because it can hold itself up doesn't mean it can withstand someone punching holes in it.

I wouldn't be worried about that. If it can't stand two bolts being drilled into it, OP's structure has much bigger problems.

@jpla010 A typical expansion bolt in concrete can hold 100-200kg, and you'd have 4 of them in there, I guess a bit less since they are so close, but it seems reasonable. Remember that if you're doing dynamic moves, the weight can appear to be more than your body weight. Also, of course, it will depend on how you're installing these, how good the concrete is, etc. If it were me, I'd probably install it, and then test it by hanging, say, 3x my body weight on it.

@jpla010 Hey there,

I've actually made a video where I installed similar hooks to a concrete ceiling. If you follow the method I used in the video, it should be sturdy enough for ring training and you'll be able to perform all the exercises you mentioned. Check it out here:

Hope this helps!

Back