Rogue Invitational - Day 3

@giftsigns
  • Pat doing Pat things. Start bad, then catch fire
  • Noah surprisingly in 2nd
  • Adler surprisingly not in 2nd (or 1st)
  • Hopper stinks. what happened to you Mr. Jayson?
  • Chandler is so friggin jacked
  • Travis Mayer is in the wrong group; he should be with legends
  • Roman is Mr Hot and Cold, but Rogue isn't his thing
  • Ricky on day 2 looks like he was at the bar all night

@giftsigns Not hating, but why is Bethany Flores there if she has a bad back? I heard she didn’t attempt a back squat during one event, and it looks like she isn’t doing the 1RM deadlift either? I understand this a payday for her, but she shouldn’t be competing if she isn’t going to attempt every event. Let another athlete have a chance.

@otfl4jah I asked this same question lol like why bother if it’s going to aggravate your back and extend the healing process? Especially if you aren’t even close to winning, break even $ wise or potentially in debt, because injury? I was flummoxed, I tell you. Flummoxed.

@zhivko The problem with the jumps at such small intervals is that it unnecessarily burns out their strength by the time they get towards a max. But, if they allowed stronger athletes to skip those lower weights, that would give them an unfair advantage of coming in fresh. Not saying they wouldn't still win, but I feel like the stimulus should be even for everyone.

@giftsigns I’m very much looking forward to the 1RM Deadlift. Speegle didn’t look good so far, but I would still bet on her. I have no clue about Men’s side - maybe Chandler or Fikowski? Also, I think, Tia will not be top 5 in that event.

Back