Rogue Invitational - final day

@aaron2025 I don't think there was an asterisk. Beating Tia here doesn't really "prove" anything though and isn't going to change anyone's mind. If anything, it lends more to the idea that she only won because Tia wasn't there because 6 month post-partum Tia almost beat her when you can clearly see Tia isn't back yet.

@thespeedboy Oh absolutely, my bet would still be on Tia at the Games. Her body went through some shit this year and she turned it around quick.

But, I'm glad Laura gets to have 2023 and who knows maybe now Laura will get a boost. Tia seemed to learn a new gear after 2017 maybe Laura can too.

@jasonrporter0316 Yeah I think these people are being a bit hyperbolic about her comment. I don’t think she was intending to disrespect Tia but rather say that people should respect her. Would probably have been in better taste to not bring up another athlete during that interview.

@zhivko Oh yeah. I can see how she just doesn't always interview that well tbh. I remember after the CFG her comment about "I’m not looking at the new ‘Barbie’ movie, [saying] ‘Oh, I want to look like that.’ I want to look like what I look like.” When if you actually take one look at the movie, its central message is about challenging damaging gender roles for both men and women, and being comfortable with who you are.

From that and this, I can see how she has just decided on a narrative for herself and is pushing it, whether it's true or not, as motivation.

Back