Rogue Invitational qualy rule: weigh plates and bars (T. Mayer DQ'd)

grace4nan

UPDATE: Sorry, I didn't mean to suggest in the title that Mayer cheated!

And the problem comes up again: some people use fake weights! It's also another aspect CF HQ doesn't care about during online events.

cprevost27 Verified

I had this happen to me last year after winning one of their monthly challenges. I used all rogue equipment but didn’t weigh it. They started doing this because there were a couple athletes winning their online challenges and they were caught using fake weights. To eliminate all of that, they started being extra strict on all their rules. To be fair for all, they don’t make exceptions for people or the brand they use. I learned my lesson and won’t make it again . At the time it was so frustrating and annoying but now I know what to expect from Rogue and they are strict for all! I would rather that ANY day in a competition. I’m sorry this happened to you!

@goldstarmom2872 Good point - I feel like in WODs that involve deadlift everyone is now bouncing the weight off the ground which is obnoxious. CF really does have a quality problem.

@grace4nan Thats so unfortunate, what a bummer for a fantastic athlete and all around great person.
I see he called out Chandler as qualifying, is there a list of others who qualified from the workouts?

@oneironaut27 My poor choice in words- should have said shouted out, or congratulated chandler. I'm pumped to see Chandler make it, and enjoy seeing him get props from Travis

@grace4nan This is like what happened this past year when almost everyone was off by like a pound because of the barbell not being 45/35. Also no one ever reads the rules. Look at this past years online qualifiers. Cameras out of position and not running the shuttle sprints the right way. Totally sucks for Travis, but this is why I said back then that CFHQ needs to be 100% clear what they want in the event. And athletes and coaches need to sit down and read the rules. Run through it if need be. Ask questions.

@grace4nan Rogue doesn’t even enforce their own rules uniformly, check out the winner of the 50 CAL. There were clear rules about screen being always visible in the shot, it wasn’t and he was paid $5k anyways.

@graceforyou There are only 20 places at the Rogue Invitational. They invite the top 10 from the games, another 5 from their qualify and the final 5 are their own choices.

Wouldn't be much of an invitational if they only used Games placement.

@grace4nan Athlete does his job wrong
Sufferd consequences

It is this propels job to understand and read the rules

It’s the same as me showing up at 9 for my work.

Harsh lesson to learn

Back