Seeking gossip (no but like real CrossFit gossip)

@stthomaschristian This happened at my old box before I joined. The owner was having an affair with a member. His wife finds out and shows up to the gym and threatens the other woman with a knife and gets arrested. The wonder and wife were still together when I joined a couple years after this happened.

@stthomaschristian Everyone at my box that were the source of gossip 2-3 years ago are having their babies now (including me). We have a huge baby boom going on now.
Except there is this guy that has slept with few girls from the box that everyone assumed was single. Turns out he has been in a relationship for 12 years and they live together. She is nowhere to be found on his social media though, apparently wanting kids but he is not ready and he keeps his old apartment in town still (for obvious reasons).

@stthomaschristian There used to be A LOT in my box a few years back.

Group of people get friendly. In that group : 2 couples + 2 singles. They WOD at the same time, hang out outside of crossfit, even go on vacations together.

Until guy from couple 1 and girl from couple 2 get together and get pregnant pretty much straight away.

They all still go the the same gym but no longer hang out or speak to each other.

@stthomaschristian Every summer a couple from our gym invites everyone to their summer house. It usually turns to a proper nudist camp around midnight latest, mixed sauna, mixed hot tub and skinny dipping in the lake. First time the final three people (a couple and one of the women) who hadn’t passed out ended up having a threesome in the sauna.

I think some people make excuses to leave early because they know how wild it gets. Good times and the gym doesn’t need to worry about bad reputation because the whole thing is organized by the customers.

@stthomaschristian I got a good one.

At my old gym, my husband and I were besties with another couple. For years, wed go on vacations with them and shared huge life events with eachother. Well, the woman confronted us one day and said her and her husband were getting a divorce and that she was moving out that week. Made it sound VERY mutual and that they were just growing apart.

We apologized to the man and talked to him about it where he said, “it wasnt mutual, I found out shes been cheating on me on our ANNIVERSARY TRIP”

We were so shocked that she would lie! Well, we found out she was cheating on him with one of her personal training clients (she was a coach at this gym) and he was just recently married! His wife even went to the gym as well!

She continued seeing the newly married man after her ex husband got fed up and ended up telling his wife. They left the gym, made a big scene about it, the owner didnt end up firing her until a long while after because he was desperate for help which is just insane.

As our friends were going through their divorce, she had the audacity to tell her ex that she wanted half his pension AND alimony after she hadnt paid her taxes in 5-6 years and was going to be in trouble for evasion!

Needless to say, we dont speak to the woman anymore :x

@stthomaschristian We had two gyms in town because the female owner didn’t like the big gym and made her own.
Eventually hers ran into the ground so they merged with our gym. Now she’s creatively firing coaches by telling them to “take a break from coaching”.

Female owner also has decided if you don’t coach enough you get billed for remaining membership costs (without warning the first time it happened).

Female owner is also buddy buddy with her clique (which I’m reading is common to have) and if you’re not part of it, you’re not important.

We also had a female member who decided every new male member was worth hooking up with. She was a local instructor and most new males were students (legal age).

We also have lots divorcees in the gym. One couple, the guy cheated, and now he just goes for anything with legs and she got remarried to a new guy and the new guy turned out gay and cheated on her with a man. Shocked when she didn’t wanna live that kind of relationship.

We also had a couple both cheat on each other. He disappeared and she started dating a guy 10 years her junior after the divorce.

Back