Seeking gossip (no but like real CrossFit gossip)

@stthomaschristian I unfortunately got caught up in an affair with a married woman in gym I coached at. Husband was a member too. They were having major issues at the time and she had just caught him cheating. I was very aggressively seduced over time (not saying I'm not to blame as well). The husband never found out. They seem very happy now. The wife and I are still good friends. Kind of an odd situation overall. AMA

@chakmach Not sure what you're asking. I'm a male, the wife is female. I loosely worry about the husband finding out but it's been a while since it all went down. I was much more worried during the brief amount of time that it was "active" when I was literally coaching him every day. It's still uncomfortable for me when the husband and I are around each other. Guilt, shame, nerves etc. All the feelings you would probably expect.

@chakmach It was kind of mutual to be honest. She's significantly older so we both knew it wasn't going anywhere long term and we eventually got to a point where we felt too guilty to continue. She had a lot of resentment towards her husband at the beginning. Eventually he started putting more effort into their relationship and seems to have done a 180 with how he treats her. That's when she started feeling guilty and we called it quits. So I think she kind of used me as an escape and a hall pass, but we did have a genuine connection.

@stthomaschristian One dude at my gym used to date a former coach. She treated him like crap, ended up dumping him on his birthday. There was a whole load of drama surrounding this, ultimately she turned out to be a shitty person who was talking to another dude while they were together. She was ultimately fired for other shitty person/employee things.

The months following the breakup, the dude befriends a new female coach at the gym (married, her husband comes to the gym occasionally). All three of them hangout quite often. About 6 months later, the coach announces she is getting a divorce. Moves out of her and her husband’s place and moves in with the dude. The relationship is a secret, but really not a secret

Back