Should I compete? Opinion about my physique, progress

@%D0%BF%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%BD%D0%BE Bro, I mean this as nicely as possible.

No. Your legs look like they belong on a 12 year old girl. Get a squat rack and start squatting two days a week with really high intensity. Build a base and then start hitting all your leg groups, hard, for at least 2 years. I dont even wanna know what your hammies look like.

If you were to diet down right now to stage lean, your legs will literally appear non-existant.

@%D0%BF%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%BD%D0%BE You need to get more serious about this if you genuinely want to compete. Training twice a week, plus some pull-ups and dips isn’t enough to get to competition level.

Start training your legs and back seriously, and get a split that’ll have you in the gym a few more days a week eg full body, U/L, PPL, bro, etc.

Goes without saying, but you’ve got to get your nutrition locked in as well.

@%D0%BF%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%BD%D0%BE You can only get so far using calisthenics for bodybuilding. I enjoy pull-ups as well but there’s no reason to not being hitting your back with weightlifting as well. It’s going to be difficult to develop the mid-back, rear delts and traps through pull-ups alone.

@%D0%BF%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%BD%D0%BE Bro, I'm also someone with a background in calisthenics (1 arm pull up when I was lighter), and if you're planning to compete you need to hit your back with more than pull-ups (keep doing then though; they're great!). Your traps are severely lacking, your rhomboids don't pop, and your back lacks general thickness. Your spinal erectors also need work, likely due to no deadlifts.

Don't get me wrong, though. You have a great physique, except the legs, but there are many areas to work on if you want to compete vs people who are great in every muscle group.

@%D0%BF%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%BD%D0%BE
  1. If you want to compete you should bulk and put some size on your legs for at least a year before thinking about entering a contest prep.
  2. Anyone can enter, all you have to do is pay the fee. Beyond that, there are zero guarantees on placing. You don’t know who will should up.
  3. If you want to compete and be serious about it you should hire a coach now. A posing coach isn’t 100% necessary since you can learn a lot on your own, but doesn’t hurt if you have the money.
  4. A proper contest prep is extremely time and energy consuming. You will be tired, hungry, and busy for months. If your personal relationships, mental health, and finances aren’t in a good spot when you start, they will be in a much worse spot when you finish.
EDIT: I forgot to add that training twice a week is absolutely not going to cut it if you want to be serious about competing. You can’t half-ass competing. Those stage lights reveal everything. If you want to step on stage you’re either 100% in or you’re 100% out.

@comyn7 Thank you, but I am not talking about Mr Olympia or Mr Universe.
I was planning to contests such as mens physique or something like that, for amateurs.

Also i saw that in those contests, all participants are dressed in swimming shorts, so the legs are kind of hidden.

@%D0%BF%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%BD%D0%BE You should be proud of the work you have put in thus far to have definition. You are better shape than most people in general. You do not have much size to compete and place. Your legs are lacking development but it is all possible with several years of training.

@%D0%BF%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%BD%D0%BE Anyone can show up if they pay money to compete. But, if you're training with weights twice a week and you never train your legs, you have no business doing physique competitions.

It's not worth all of the work, money, time required to do the contests if you haven't put in the time adding a lot of muscle. It looks like you have a great physique for your experience level and you've made amazing progress. But, you don't want to show up and feel like a fraud.

@%D0%BF%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%BD%D0%BE
  1. You’re not fat. You should probably do a lean bulk for a while.
  2. Yea if you sign up you’ll get to compete. You’ll be accepted. You’ll get last place though. Not trying to say that to be an ass but you have no legs and that’s a huge part of body building. You could compete in the physique category where they wear board shorts and if you put on some more muscle and cut down maybe not get last but in a bodybuilding show or classic physique you’ll get last for sure.
  3. Yes you need a coach. Not just for posing but for building the right body overall. They will give you a diet and work out plan and you’ll have to stick to it. You have to put on a lot more muscle and you HAVE to build your legs. If it were me I’d focus heavily on your legs more than anything for the next 6 months just to see if they even respond or have much potential. If you can only work out a certain number of days a week I’d find a way to combine body parts so you can get two leg days in every week. Some people hate doing legs. Personally I love them and do them twice a week regardless but if you want to compete you need to hit legs hard for a while. It won’t matter how impressive you get your upper body without legs you’ll be in last place.
  4. Prepping for a show will take a lot of your time and energy. It will be your life if you really want to compete. It’s not like cutting for summer or something where you can throw in a couple of cheat meals every week or have a couple of beers and still get lean. It’s got to be an all in thing. You’ll have to have a strict diet measuring down to the gram, eating at the right times, not skipping meals, and not having cheat meals. Your sleep will have to be spot on. You’ll need a dedicated bed time to make sure you are getting 8 hours uninterrupted everyday. There won’t be a whole lot of time left for you to go out. Even for an amateur show it takes a lot of effort if you don’t want to end up in last place. Most people competing aren’t doing it just to say they did it. They are all in and take it serious. They want to be something even if it’s not a pro.

@charizard23 This is defo true. But as someone who has always had stick legs and who trains them twice a week, full intensity, it can be really difficult and demotivating when people think you don’t train legs at all but it’s not by choice that we struggle to get mass down there, especially if it’s genetic. My dad has super slim arms and legs (south Asian) and I unfortunately took that trait. It’s incredibly difficult for me to put any size at all on my arms and legs.