Should this forum create a ‘Recommended Warmup’ routine?

@menacebysociety I keep seeing folks talking about stretching before lifting weights.. I could be wrong, but I thought that there are a whole bunch of studies supporting not stretching immediately before lifting because it temporarily weakens you muscles and increases the chance for injury.

I fully agree with doing 5-10 mins of cardio before lifting.. but am not sure about the stretching.

@menacebysociety I think it would be very beneficial to read/observe the debate about different exercises. I think that it would be beneficial to also include some scaffolding for new folks and those with injuries.

@menacebysociety Yeah, good idea. It’s weird that it’s being said “ you can do whatever warmup you want” everyone knows that. They can also do whatever workout they want. People want a routine because they want someone to tell em what’s a good idea to do. That should extend to the warmup too

@menacebysociety I have done different warmups and practiced many things for years. A good warmup should increase heart rate (motion is lotion), practice range of motion, and work through and discover injuries (listen to your body). Dynamic or static are all good depending on the workout. I like talking to a good coach and listening to what they have to say. And when in doubt just practice the parts of the main workout movements.