Sports Bras w closures?

silvershark

I feel like sports bras were designed by someone without broad shoulders that’s never had to remove one while sweaty.

In order to get the right size for my chest the rib elastic is generally almost too tight to get over my shoulders. (I’m a 34B, typically)

Any recommendations for sports bras with front closure or generally non pull over style... ?

Also preferably without padding, (makes me hot and annoying to wash) and fwiw I’m generally small chested but I liked to keep things strapped down for high impact stuff. (++support)

@silvershark 36DD and I got mine from target! They have high impact options that clasp like a real bra, and go by real bra sizes! And they’re cheap. They may wear out faster, but I cannot justify the cost for a She-Fit or Lululemon when I need 4/5 of these bras.

@silvershark I love my Under Armour high-impact sports bras, especially the Reflect and Infinity. They have adjustable straps and back hook closure, and the padding is built-in, so no more of those horrible removable pads that always move around and fall out. I'm a 34A and wear a small, but when I was a 36C before losing some weight I wore a medium. They were/are comfy and supportive at both sizes. Also, not super pricey!

@silvershark I like the Panache High Impact Sports bras for this. I’m also fairly small chested and have a shallower chest and I found these work to strap everything down without the extra space I get in other non closure styles.

They are back closure though like a typical bra and pricey, though I usually try them on to get my size and then order from EBay for less.

@silvershark I’ve been loving Shock Absorber (whacky sizing though) and Panache sports bras for quite a few years now. Very solid, very secure, and both fasten with hook & eye closures like normal bras. Can’t recommend enough.

@silvershark Have you looked at knix bras? They have a front zip closure style called the catalyst. I'm not super busty, but have broad shoulders and well based boobs (they are reachers not hangers) so I find front closure bras fit them better in the cup. If I could get away with a closure bra for MMA these would be the style I try.

@silvershark SYROKAN Women's High Impact Support Wirefree Bounce Control Plus Size Workout Sports Bra; has back closures. I order from amazon. I'm 32DD and I'm able to do long distance running in these with no issues. You can order by regular bra size. They're about $20.

@silvershark I'm wide shouldered/small busted and like the hellrassiere from duluth trading. It's back closure, not front but I find it quite supportive and the (light) pads can be removed.

@silvershark I feel you!

I looked like crazy online for a front closure sports bra this summer because I get claustrophobic when I try to take off sports bras. I have shoulders! Lovely ones - my favourite part of my body. But they are indeed wide.

Found one from lulu that works great. Would not recommend buying bras without trying them on first. I was desperate though and it worked out. I think it's called the Enlite bra? A bit pricey, and it fits small. But it's a great bra. I'm a 34 C and would buy a 36D if I had to do it again.

@silvershark Try the Lululemon In Alignment bra. It takes a wear or two to reach optimal comfort (strap always initially feels tight to me) but it is my favorite sports bra. I wear it for spin, yoga, strength training, and around the house and pretty much all the time.

Back