Squat form check 105 lbs x 5

@finnallen101 Can always do rack walk-outs to help strengthen the upper back and mentally prepare yourself for higher weights! Load up the bar with more than what you actually squat and just stand with it on your back with a nice tight upper back for a bit (I aim for 10, maybe 15 sec) and then re-rack. Helps prep my mind and body for new heavier weights.

@finnallen101 My most recent motto is "Strength is half bravery" (especially for beginners).

The other day was only my second time barbell squatting. Someone challenged me to do 135lbs (I'm 5'2" 115lbs). And guess what? I did it! Since then I've been busting through PRs by leaps (I hit a PR pretty much every workout, but lately I've been hitting them by much larger margins). So much of it is mental. Just go crazy (without being too stupid)!

I use 1RM calculators for some things to estimate how much I can do. Then I do just under this weight and realize I can do even more! Rinse, repeat. Increase reps or weight wherever you can. I've hit bench, leg press, squat, deadlift, incline DB press, pullup, t-bar row, etc PRs like crazy lately because I beeelieeeve.

Practice failing a light weight and adjust the safeties accordingly. Don't worry! You can do it :D

@finnallen101 the form looks really good to me - just try to not let your knees go over your toes. it helps prevent injury!

for me, i just widen my stance and angle my toes a bit more and that usually helps!

just what works for me! your form looks pretty good :)

@finnallen101 My legs look a lot like yours and I struggle with the knees/toes thing. I am pretty new to squatting and kept wondering how people possibly can not let their knees go past their toes without falling backwards. The more I read the more I am learning this just might be my body!