The Gains Lab a quick check in

pilgrimseeker

Hi all,

I have noticed a few threads about being difficult to reach. I'm a few days behind on emails.

TLDR: We're in the midst of a very big upgrade to all of the programs to allow for increased individualization. We're expanding very very fast; I'm building a data collection and analytics module for all aspects of your fitness and training. I have a degree in Mathematics and I've been a Games Athlete / gym owner, so I guess my two worlds of Athlete and Mathlete are finally merging into one. I know it sucks and I take responsibility for the delays. I'm getting through it as fast as I can. I'm on 5 hours of sleep a night and will continue as long as necessary to get caught up.

Some more detail:

I've re-designed all of the programs to be industry leaders in data collection and analytics to allow for personalization. Many of you who are using YoE have seen YoE 2.0. YoE 2.0 includes the ability to
  • log your score and calculate your pace, then view results graphically
  • track your score across day types, weeks and months
  • analyze your results to gain insights into your physiological capabilties.
For example, the ratio between your glycolytic intervals and your time trials provide evidence about the relationship between your glycolytic and aerobic systems, and informs future training. Numerous other data points to other aspects of your physiology. This platform is already live and we've had over 100 people join this year. We know of some bugs - show me a tech project without any - but we're fixing them.

The Applied Power framework now calculates
  • Key ratios among your lifts to identify imbalances and inform technical work
  • Strength to weight ratios, goals and percentage of goal achieved
  • Total intensity based on user-entered RPE
  • % of the program completed and aggregate fatigue loading
At the end of the cycle, we can look back at these factors and track your gains, the reps done, the intensity of the reps done, etc and figure out how you gain.

The Skills blocks collect your information from intake and apportion your off the clock work based on motor learning principles to different groups: Progressions, Low Volume Reinforcement, High Volume Reinforcement, and Contextual interference. We can also track the number of reps you did of each skill, whether you did sets unbroken, and so on. After testing, we can relate your practice to your results and adjust on the fly.

We're upgrading the MetCon blocks to interact with the skills block. For example, are you breaking Double Unders in MetCons but not in skills? Can you do a set of 10 Ring MU in practice but break up sets of 5 in a MetCon? We will be able to answer this question and others.

In conclusion: I've built and put into service massive upgrades that allow for data collection beyond what is currently available in most programs. As of now:

YoE 2.0 - active

AP 2.0 - active

Dominate / Competitor 2.0 - already includes the AP 2.0 modules and YoE calculations, though not the full YoE analytics suite. Skills Block goes in today and will include:
  • Assignment at the task level to appropriate training volume and block design based on your proficiency at the task
  • Counting the number of reps completed and whether the sets were unbroken or not
So - again - I'm terribly sorry the delays. I believe we are creating a set of solutions that go far beyond "programming" and can give athletes and coaches unmatched transparency into their development. Some of it is already live, the rest is on the way, probably today. Again I am terribly sorry for the delays, but I hope that most of you will be pleased with the results.

A few other things:

Reddit Bans: I have no idea. I am told it is for violations of the Content Policy. My last account had two posts, only in here, so I am not sure what is wrong, and Reddit admins won't tell me. I never posted anywhere else with a "Gains Lab"- named account, so I have no idea, and I've made peace with being a smaller presence on Reddit. If they get this squared away, I'll come back and post more. All of my accounts that I used in this forum have TheGainsLab in the name, so it's not exactly hard to know if it's me. I do this to avoid "you're a shill bro" - yes, I am a shill for the things I create. (I have other accounts for talking about other topics on other forums).

Other stuff: Nothing is "wrong", "fishy", "shady" or "suspicious" on my end. The business is expanding and I am wearing two hats during the upgrades. I may have miscalculated the time required to get there. But I believe it will be worth it, and I accept all responsbility for the delays.

Back to work I go. :)

@pilgrimseeker I’m all aboard for this. I just want to know when I’ll get my Feb program seeing as no one has answered me for over three weeks and after payment has gone through…

Edit: has ANYONE heard from GL or gotten a program in February after paying?

@treefencecar Exact same boat man, was my third month and spent three weeks waiting for the program before I back-charged the card and tried to cancel... still no response.

Was definitely a fan of the programming and I might go back, but the lack of response is pretty rough. Pretty easy "send all" kind of e-mail with something like "Hey, I'm gonna be super late this month, won't charge you until I send the program" would have been a totally different case.

@dawn16 You're 100% right - I should have made this post earlier. Growth and expansion overwhelmed me. I'm gonna work until we are caught up. I sent out a few today and will keep going, It's 3:28am so I need a quick snooze I've already reached out to some tech people to offload the new product development so we don't have a repeat.

When I get this under control, we'd love to have you back. Sorry for any inconveniences and if there's a payment issue we'll get it right.