My biggest gains was in happiness. Thank you r/bodyweightfitness

@olenka3byl I love this. I soo heart warming to see this not "soo perfect progess". Actually makes me wanna try again. Would you tell me how did you progress and what resources did you use to learn?

@frankie4493 I really just stuck to the resources on this sub. I looked at the Primer Routine, I looked at the RR. I asked lots of questions on the daily beginner thread. I also use Antranik's website. Reddit recap tells me that my number one sub is here so I think that says a lot, haha.

@olenka3byl Well done. Consistency is key. Staying at it and always doing something is enough to stay healthy. If you have times where you can focus more on training, you will progress faster, but doing something regularly is a good starting point.

@bigdenny Ya, I edited that after I posted it but didn't read it again. What I was saying is it shouldn't be the primary goal. If it is, when you don't see results right away it is easy to give up. Looking good can provide extra motivation, no problem with that. Life in every breath, the movement should be the goal.

@olenka3byl That's huge gains for a year. Because not only did you progress, you actively did not backslide. And every step you didn't get worse is another you improved.

@olenka3byl Congrats also its harder to see noticable gain because woman have lower testosterone but youll reach it eventually mental fortitude is more important than the gains

@rccocina Some of my shirts were getting tighter in my back, shoulder and biceps. Not big enough difference for others to notice. I'm not sure if it's cause I got fatter or stronger but all in all I'm slowly chugging forward with my progress :)

@olenka3byl That's amazing! I've been starting a similar journey and I'm slowly coming to terms with the idea that in a year, I still might not be able to do a pull-up or a handstand.

But it's all about enjoying the journey and I know I'll at least get a tiny bit closer. Moving simply to feel good is the real goal, I'd say.

Thank you for sharing :)

@peacelove Haha that's interesting cause pullup/handstand in a year was also my goal. I'm nowhere near but I also realised, some progress is still better than no progress ;)

@olenka3byl The simple act of engaging in regular exercise for a while will do wonders for your mental health, self-image, self-esteem, confidence, and general mood and energy. You've done what you can to fit exercise into your life and you're reaping the mental and physical health benefits by feeling better in general.

This subreddit and most other fitness subs tend to focus more on appearances, but your post is an important reminder that you don't need to be able to do anything super impressive or be the most physically fit to get a lot of good out of your workouts. Just putting in the work to begin with on a consistent basis will have you feeling pretty great. Congratulations on choosing to stick with it even when you had a lot on your plate already. I'm sure that the exercise helped you manage stress and kept your mind sharp enough to tackle everything else that life has been throwing at you.

Hopefully you'll be doing this for many more years to come, so it really doesn't matter how long it takes you to progress. If you just keep putting in the work you'll slowly get better over time and, no matter where you end up, you'll still be feeling great in general just by doing what you can. As long as you keep putting in whatever work you can manage, even if it isn't as much as you'd like, you'll always be better off than you were when you started and you'll still get all of those mental health benefits that make you feel great.