The Secret to achieving the L-Sit

bkchristian

Hey!

Last month (L-Sit month) gave me motivation to share my knowledge as a gymnastics coach about the L-sit
So I am making this post

The L-sit is an awesome exercise to incorporate in your woekouts

It strengthens your abs, shoulders, legs and hip muscles!

So why not do it?! no reason at all!

If you already do the L-sit this 3 simple exercises will help you improve your form and make it easier to do.

If you can't do the L-sit then they will help you get the "right" muscles strong enough in order to progress and do the L-sit

The exercises are:

* 1. sit with a small split and put both your hands on the ground next to your knee (the further away from you the better) then lift the leg between you hands as high as you can, do this 10 times and switch legs. this will get you hip and abs stronger in order to lift the legs

* 2. sit in a whole sit (with your legs straight and tight to one another) then put your hands on the ground next to your knees and lift your legs up as high and as close to your chest as you can. do 2 sets of 10 lifts
this is very similar to the first exercise but it puts more tension on your muscles and is generally harder to do

* 3. with the same sit and hand position as before this time lift your body up as high as you can leaving your feet on the ground by pushing the ground down with you shoulders ans your arms straight. hold this position for 10 sec 3 times and when you get stronger increase the time. this exercise will get your shoulders and arms stronger in order to lift your entire body weight from the ground

If you think there are more things you can do to improve or achieve a L-Sit I'll be happy to read them in the comments below!

Stay Strong

@bkchristian Being subscribed to both bodyweightfitness and lawschooladmissions I thought I was about to learn about some new way of sitting that helped me do better on the LSAT.

@naty Incorporating this 2-3 times a week greatly helped me progress from "less tucked" L sit to full L sit. My shoulders and arms could handle the transition but my core and quad compression was holding me back.

@bkchristian So i tried the RR for the first time yesterday and I can't even lift my butt up in the first progression exercise of the L-sit with my feet on the ground. Is there another even easier progression exercise?

I guess I'm assuming this post is for people who can at least get your butt off the ground and are struggling to get their feet up. I just need help with the intro part.

@cynthiag So you can do the leg lifts I mentioned in the post
Also to get your shoulders stronger try to do some handstands next to a wall even though I don't think the problem you have is because of strength but because of moveability.
So if thats the case try doing some flexibility work to get your chest closer to your legs pikes in general