This short gal can’t seem to lose weight or inches

@intermediary I got macrofactor because of this sub and I’ve been tracking for 2 weeks consistently and its on track! I lost 4 lbs. I even had higher calorie days but staying between 1200-1300 on 5/7 days helped me.

@intermediary Is this a free app, and if it has a paid plan is the free version still helpful ? I currently use lose it and like it enough but I'm recently trying to focus on macros and its not super helpful in that department

@lufu Macrofactor automatically determines your personal actual TDEE based on calorie/food logging and weight measurements. This helps to negate the inaccuracies of trying to measure exercise calorie expenditure and also takes into account your body's natural NEAT expenditure.

I personally had no idea that my TDEE was at ~1900 given my exercise habits. I just didn't think that I was burning that much or working that hard, and my exercise inputs never added up to that level on apps like Cronometer.

Best tip for Macrofactor is to get the extended two week trial using an affiliate code, and add in a bunch of nutrition data from your current app for the previous month or so. Also add weight measurements from your current app. Macrofactor will start back calculating much faster if you do this and you'll be able to see that in action during your trial.

@intermediary Ah sorry I should have phrased different, what makes it worth it to you. Just wanted to know what you like about it, firsthand recommendations are so helpful

@made2worship I always weigh about 1kg more after intense exercise due to muscle inflammation/water retention. Weighing myself the morning after a huge workout is never accurate. I think you might be overdoing it on the exercise front and you’re not giving your body time to repair itself, especially in such a huge deficit. You’ll likely see a drop in weight with more time, 3.5 weeks is nothing. You’re of very similar stats to me and i generally lose consistently at anything under 1500 regardless of exercise, maybe have a week off to let yourself recover, keep eating at 1400 cals with maybe just some light walking and see if your scales move.

@made2worship How often do you weigh yourself? I advise daily, in the morning, after using the bathroom and before eating/drinking, and keep a chart. Take a weekly average after each 7 data points. After 30 days you should see a trend down. If not, then you’re not in a deficit. Usually the reasons for that shake out to be:
1. You’re not consistent (in a deficit one day but not in others and you average yourself out of it). Consistency over 30 days is usually 25-26/30 days on point.
2. You’re not accurate somewhere/missing hidden calories.
3. A little of both 1&2.

Finally, be really patient. Petite women really need to dial it in (1&2) for a while to see progress.

@benaiah2015 Yes daily after I pee and before food and water.
I’m definitely counting everything correctly. Sauces, seasoning, oils etc.
the only explanation would be that I’m not in a deficit. But I know if I go lower I will binge. I’m already so hungry despite getting over 140g protein and 30+ g fiber.😅

@made2worship That's 40% of your calories from protein. That's very high (over recommendations), and leaves little room for whole grains, nuts, fruits, fish etc. Even if you strength train 1.5 g per kg maximizes all the benefits you get from protein, less if you have a high body fat percentage.

@lostlamb5691 I'm not a nutritionist, just really interested in it, I can recommend the "nutrition made simple" youtube channel, e g https://youtu.be/I2uejPpWk3c?si=dM1lDC43lhQPWwwq this is one of their videos on protein.

What I gathered: most people eat around 20-25% of calories which is perfectly adequate, over RDA (0.8g per kg). US guideline is 10-35% of calories. It is good for satiety and it is good for muscle building, but up to a limit, and plant sources are healthier.

@testament7 fwiw i can easily get in 1g of protein per lb which is recommended for someone lifting. As long as the diet is clean it’s pretty easy to get in whole foods you listed.

OP is eating the right amount of protein.

@made2worship It's your business, I just wanted to make you aware that this might cause issues (esp at such low calories), so that maybe you can check with your doctor or look it up. Wishing you success, having to go this low sucks!