Ughhh…holiday gainnnn

ocean_soul

41 5’1” (barely!) mom of 3, working out & maintaining weight since i was 17…was 116.8 Xmas Eve

Didn’t go craaaazzzyyy, but def indulged…did double workouts daily (Caroline G followed by outdoor runs) but I know I know, can’t beat a bad diet w workouts, especially when your a tiny woman in your 40s!

120.4 this am post workout…and just annoyed at myself bc it’ll take 2 weeks or “perfection” to get back to 116!

Commiserate with me…tell me it’s mostly water weight!

Started epic iii this am (did 1, heat, and 2 already…plus beast mode…love that woman!)

Aagghhh!

Happy new year!

@ocean_soul Hey there! We are close to the same height and age but I weigh about 10lbs more than you. Wondering how much cals a day you eat to maintain your weight and the cals per day you eat to lose...that is if you don't mind sharing with me!
PS its definitely water weight! I gained 2-3 lbs this week and was only 200 cals above my maintenance of 1400

@graceann27 I workout 5-6 days a week…
4-5 is weights or HIIT, I run outdoors 1-2 days (mostly bc I like and mostly on weekends when I double up) I take 1 day off a week. Sometimes 2 if it works out that way.

I’ve been doing weight watchers for 24 years…I know they have a new plan out, but I’m at the point where I know what works for me. I always recommend WW tho.

I have a pretty active job (school counselor) & just an active life overall.

I prob eat 1700-1800 calories a day.

Fri night I have a drink or 2 & dessert. Saturday evening I eat/drink what I want but don’t overeat.

This has be staying pretty stable b/w 116-118…sometimes I lose a pound, sometimes I gain 1…

I’m just trying to stay toned and stay around 116-117 at this point!

Hope this helps! I’d be hungry at 1400/day.

Too long didn’t read:
1700-1800 calories a day.. indulge a bit on weekends.
STRENGTH TRAIN! LIFT WEIGHTS!

@ocean_soul Thanks so much! I am sometimes hungry at 1400 but that's with no exercise. Plus my lifestyle is pretty sedentary. If I exercised I'd probably increase cals unless I want to continue to lose.
Thanks so much for your input!

@ocean_soul Depending how great of surplus you’ve been in the last 7 days will determine how much of that became body fat vs bloating/water retention. But you’d have had to be eating an insane amount to have a true 4 lbs gain in a single week.

Also, a single week will not derail you. This is a lifestyle, so do not punish yourself for the time you took to enjoy life. Get back on track, get your steps in, use those calories to train intensely, and get back on plan! Happy new year xoxo

@ocean_soul I’m about your size and I am waiting until a week into the New Year to even weigh myself. Alcohol bloats me like crazy, so I need a couple days of my routine and water intake back before my weight will settle.

Sounds like you just need some time to get back into routine. Like another poster said: one week of just normal holiday indulgence won’t cause that much of a permanent swing.

@ocean_soul I gain after every workout as in heavy muscle building mode it goes away as it’s just water weight for torn muscle fibers, 4 pounds times 3500 calories did you eat that much ? Doubtful so it cannot be fat

@stosa I do Caroline Girvan for lifting and use the heaviest weights I can while maintaining form. About 2x week I run 5-6 miles outside at a 10 mins / mile or so pace after lifting. I take 1-2 days off a week and I’m quite active in general.

Back