Vegan winter running gear?

dajemeke

Specifically, I’m looking for quality gloves and running shirts. Growing up, smartwool was my go-to for staying warm outside in the winter, and I’m finally getting into a consistent routine again and don’t want to lose it with the changing seasons. What do y’all recommend? What types of materials and/or brands make good gear? I’m a distance runner, so something that will keep me warm and dry for up to 1.5-2 hrs at a time, even on those sub-0 days. Any recommendations at all are appreciated!

@dajemeke Husband and I supply on Hoko for trail clothes. I just run 20-25k, he does some serious shit. I don't know if you can find it in your country.

@dajemeke You should check us out at r/veganrunners :)

Honestly for my outdoor winter running here in South Dakota almost everything I have come used through consignment stores or thrift stores. Can't beat a couple Columbia jackets that cost $30 total and keep me warm at -10F :)

@dajemeke I layer. I have long sleeves that I wear a hoodie over or a hoody and a jacket, or a t-shirt and hoody or jacket. Layers are your friend! I get everything from sale racks, just regular wicking material and some solid wind breakers will do you in everything except the coldest temps.

I found these Nike gloves on discount that have a flap for over the fingers, I love them as when it gets too cold you can transform it into a mitt. A good mitten will keep you a lot warmer than gloves, mine are a cheap pair from MEC and they get sweaty as heck but I'm always warm!

Back