Vent …. I feel hopeless

stevensloan

I know this may trigger many overweight / obese people but - I am skinny and I hate it. Growing up
I was always petite and I always struggle to gain weight. Now that I’m a young adult , I desperately want to put flesh on my body. I’m underweight (under 100 pounds) and 5’2 , I feel like I constantly have to eat like a pig. How do y’all get to such big weights ? I am so aggravated I can’t even maintain a healthy weight. This is exhausting , I just hate being this skinny.

@stevensloan Do you track your food? Once you know what you eat on a regular basis, you can start finding ways to increase your intake without eating until you feel sick. Even adding 100 calories a day to your maintenance can help you put on 10 lbs within a year. That's just one tablespoon of peanut butter!

@ecumeni Thanks for the reply! I never used to eat lunch, so I added lunch into my diet, I’m currently eating thrice a day. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner and I also drink 2 Ensures (400 calories each) but I have an unhealthy obsession with the scale. It just doesn’t move over 100 pounds, and makes me feel so pathetic. I will start tracking my calories though, thanks again.

@stevensloan Tracking is key
Once you understand your intake you can make a small adjustment to that to gain weight (and continue to track so you can stop close to your goal weight).

Eating plenty of protein (100+ gm a day) and strength training will help you to grow some muscle too

@stevensloan Once you've made some progress tracking, consider using the TDEE spreadsheet or Macrofactor. It can back calculate your true TDEE based on your food logged and your weight trends so you'll be able to know whether you need to further bump up calories or if you can keep at a certain level and wait for results.

@stevensloan I was 100 lbs at 5’3” in high school. And now 160 😬 a lot of pizza and takeout and a thyroid disorder. Honestly just eat more oil, fats and possibly eat out more. It’s much more difficult to lose weight though

@dmhanson511 My goal is 115lb, but I’m stuck at 90-100. I try to eat junk food but I feel sick afterward, my body is resistant to oily food so it’s hard to gain weight through that route.

@stevensloan Girl we’re in the same boat! Pretty much exact same height and weight and just about same end goal. Just offering some solidarity as someone who’s also heard “just eat” their entire lives. It’s so difficult! Especially when fried foods, gluten and dairy give me headaches 🤦🏻‍♀️ Best of luck to you! Hopefully we can both find some solid advice to meet our goals and feel confident and comfortable in our bodies 🖤

@toniboykin84 Girl omg, I appreciate YOUUUU, I often feel alone like my complaints aren’t relevant 😭😭😭 I do appreciate you though, it’s honestly comforting to know I’m not alone. Hopefully these advices help both of us and we get where we want to be 🥹💗💗💗💗

@stevensloan I totally get what you mean! It’s to the point where I just don’t even mention my weight in public or that I’m trying to gain weight because the comments are always so negative! Sending good vibes your way 🖤

@stevensloan I don’t have any advice because I’m losing weight, but I just wanted to say that just because someone is struggling to lose weight, doesn’t invalidate your struggle to gain weight. I know weight in general has become a sensitive topic, but I think some people have become hyper sensitive to it. Both ends of the spectrums come with their own problems, so please don’t feel like you have to apologize.

As for gaining weight, Abby Sharp has a video on how to gain weight in a healthy weight that may help you!

@autisticcrazyknight Thank you so much for understanding. I had to make that point clear and apologize in case I offended anyone. Weight is truly a sensitive topic and I notice people on the bigger side get offended whenever I mention my problems as a skinny girl. It’s not flattering or healthy on either end, being overweight or underweight. I hope you reach your goals and I definitely will check her out!

@stevensloan I’m 5’3.

A year ago, I was 85lbs; three months ago I was 90lbs, and currently—I’m 100lbs!

The weight gain wasn’t easy since I have fast metabolism, and I used to have an obsession with cardio. People around me would "jokingly" say that the wind might blow me away, or that I’m one cough away to death something like that lol. Those comments definitely took a toll on me ngl.

What helped me to gain 10lbs within those three months is weight training. Since I’m burning calories, my mind’s intuition is to eat—a lot.