Weight Loss w/ Nexplanon

souha

So I (F20 5'4" 195lb) have been on the pill since I was 14. I gained a TON of weight on that since. About a year ago I went on Nexplanon (the implant birth control) due to some other health related issues.

I gained even more weight since starting that. I've been trying calorie deficit and constant movement (as normal workouts are really not my thing, plus I have a heart condition so I'm limited in what I can do.) The workouts I do are walking (typically around 3 miles), playing JustDance (this is embarrassing but I think it's fun), and ensuring I'm getting 10,000 steps a day. So far, NOTHING has seemed to work. In fact, I've only gained MORE weight since trying to turns things around.

Any other women out there have any advice on where to start? I feel like nothing I do is working.

@souha Birth control does fuck with your metabolism, so ultimately you just need to eat less than you would if you were not on it. But at the end of the day, a calorie deficit is the only way to lose weight. So if you aren't losing weight, you're still eating too much.

Slowly changing your diet to be healthier (ie more whole foods, limit/eliminate ultra processed foods) can make this easier. But you gotta build up habits you can sustain for life because once you lose the weight, reverting back to old habits means reverting back to your old weight

Give this a read https://thefitness.wiki/weight-loss-101/

@souha What is your daily calorie intake? Are you getting enough fats, roughly 0.3 g / lb?

You can’t avoid losing weight when in a calorie deficit. That being said, hormonal irregularities can really do a number on your metabolism

Back