What’s my weak lower body muscle group?

@tigger69 How low do you go on the leg press? How under control do you move? Do you pause at the bottom?

Also, sometimes the conversion from legpress even done right to squat might be like 50% because your back and core lacks the postural strength for the squats.

@jingshenbianxi As low as I can with unloaded leg press. Just before umangat yung pwet ko sa seat. I keep my back firm on the backrest. I move fast sa pushing part tapos slowly sa pababang part just like bench press.

@tigger69 When I used to struggle with back squats, sumasakit talaga lower back ko.

So I started doing reverse hyperextensions. Then gradually worked my way to 225lbs x 8-10. Then I injured my shoulder, hahaha.

Had to rest for a few months, balik na ulit ngayon, working my way back again.

@tigger69 I think we’d have to check squat lift to get to see the weak links.

But 2 points
- if you’re weak off the floor (meaning you’re at the bottom of your squat and trying to lift the weight) : weak point is probably glutes/hamstrings/hips. So try deadlift / deadlift variation exercises
  • if you’re weak at mid point and completing the lift : weak point is probably quads / torso so do squat / squat variation exercises (lunge is also good)
Do this as an accessory / supplemental exercises. This should address some weakness when doing squats

@tigger69 Again this is just an assumption based on your description.

Balance = torso / core so try incorporating core workouts. Also lunge exercise will help with that.

Addressing weak points will help you lift better. Then again di ko naman nakikita form mo during lifting so base lang to sa description mo ah

@tigger69 I really recommend watching Jeremy Ethiers/Built With Science videos on YouTube! Lots of high quality, easy to understand videos about workouts, nutrition and food. Everything he says is based on science with sources.
He has made a complete guide, with workouts, mealplan and nutrition guide that I recommend to everyone looking for guidence on their workout journey.
Since I’ve bought it myself, I got a referal code that gives you a 30% discount: ONPY1FLRVQ