What’s the vegan equivalent of the “chicken, broccoli, and rice” meal for the vegan crowd?

@justiceforgod I press it. Marinate in 2 Tablespoons of soy and lots sriracha. Toss in a flour. Shallow fry, turning occasionally, in avocado oil

BUT I just bought an air fryer. Haven’t tried that out yet. 🤞

@justiceforgod You'll get a good idea about cooking from YouTube creators like simnett nutrition, Brian Turner, Natalie Matthews. Search for vegan day of eating protein. Personally I find it better to eat a variety of protein sources rather than focus on a single one. So throughout the day I'll eat lupin flakes, edamame, tofu, seitan, soy milk, mock meats, various seeds and nuts, beans, grains and they all add up in the end. If I'm dieting, I'll eat the more protein dense food only.

@justiceforgod Rice, tofu, mushrooms, and nutritional yeast is my go-to.

Rice is easy to make in large quantities and tofu is easy to bake. I cut a block into small cubes (+ spices) and throw it in the oven. 2-3 minutes of manual work, 20 minutes of baking, and 70g protein per block.

@justiceforgod Often for me it's just tofu broccoli. Mix in some Chu Hou paste and some chopped green onions? Damn. I eat about 340 grams of extra firm tofu per day that way.

I find the trick is to bake up a bunch of tofu early in the week so it's good cold and I just go to town on that. I eat like 5-7 bricks of tofu per week (each brick where I buy is about 54 grams of protein).

But I mean, rice and beans also doesn't hurt.

@justiceforgod If you've ever had miso paste it's very similar. Funky (in a good way), lots of Umami. Kinds of like a thicker soy sauce. I like it because the sauce is not overly caloric, but adds a good amount of flavour to a plain meal.

Back