What’s your diet look like?

jermoh

I wanna know everyone who’s willing to share, what your diet is? What’s your goal with said diet? Be specific as possible! Thanks in advance.

@jermoh im bulking so I just eat whatever I can get my hands on. I used to be super skinny and I can lose weight extremely easy but gaining weight is really tough for me. For the past 2 months Ive been eating 3 lunches(smaller meals but more calories overall).

@jermoh I count my macros.

Coffee in the morning with a premier protein shake & a splash of sugar free creamer

(After workout)
So I usually have 45g oats in the morning with 250g plain Greek yogurt with a bit of sugar free syrup & cinnamon.

Protein bar & tuna packet for snack

Chicken breast, sweet potato, & broccoli for dinner 😋🤙🏼

@dsts You’re consistent with this? How long does it take you to make the shake? It seems like so much work to do that everyday before starting my day.

@jermoh lol. . where is the so much work before starting your day there? .. its just coffee, oats, and protien shake.. if you cant even do that simple prep you might as well quit now.. working-out, strict diet and being consistent the two requires effort and proper management of time. .

@jermoh They are pre made shakes, premier protein. I get the caramel or vanilla & tastes great with my coffee 😋😊

And yes I eat the same thing everyday.

Sometimes I switch it up and use some low carb tortillas w/ egg whites, bell peppers, and onions to make an egg quesadilla.

@dsts How many calories are in an egg yolk? Lol I’m just shocked at the amount of people only eating egg whites on here. I love them too much to give it up

@jermoh Like I said it just helps me to stay on track when eating in volume so yeah no yolks for me. Whatever works best for you 🤙🏼

@jermoh You don't have to give up the yolk, but you also don't necessarily want to eat 10 eggs just to get 70g of protein in. Some people only want to eat say 3 eggs for 200 cals, and add another 200cal worth of egg whites and you've got 70g of protein with much less calories.

Just random numbers, but realistically I've made eggs using 2 eggs + whites and it still tastes great. Or you could be like my friend who's bulking and will actually enjoy the 10 eggs instead lol.

@dsts Are you in a deficit? This seems like not a lot of food. I eat a similar diet to you, actually, and I only end up eating around 1,800 calories a day. I’m trying to eat more to be in a very slight surplus to gain lean muscle mass. It’s not super easy unless I cheat and have something that’s not so good for me (like last night I had a serving of pound cake that put me at 1,930 calories).

@nmeckert Yeah I’m in a deficit currently trying to lean up for summer but even in the winter I eat the same stuff, I’ll change some stuff here & there. I’ll add salmon some days instead of chicken but otherwise it’s just adding or subtracting stuff depending on my macros for the day.

@jermoh Having just got back to the gym after a 5 month absence due to work and health condition, I put on some fat and lost some muscle. So I'm currently in a caloric deficit of about 200-300 cals/day. I'm taking in 2300/day, at 35% protein, 35% carbs, 30% fats. I use MyFitnessPal to track. I am also doing IF at 17/7, 7 days per week because it was very helpful in losing fat before. I am currently working out fasted as well, but will only do this for about 6-8 weeks. Then I will only fast every other day.

@yihew My dad had a lot of success with IF! Good for you! Idk if I could do it. But I’m at an awkward stage where I hit a plateau. I have just a little bit of belly fat to shed, and still need to tack on more muscle mass