What’s your relationship with alcohol?

cdlara381

I’ve been wondering about alcohol consumption in my life. What does a healthy consumption of alcohol look like? Is it complete abstinence or is it still considered normal and healthy to have a few drinks to celebrate life 2-3 times a year?

Nutritionfacts.org always makes sure to remind me that “alcohol is bad for you” so I always feel guilty.

How often do you people drink or do you not drink at all?

My birthday is coming up and I was contemplating on should I break my zero tolerance policy or should I just have fun without it (which is also fine imo) ☺️ thoughts?

Edit: upon reviewing comments and deeper reflection I’ve decided not to drink alcohol anymore. I’m about to be 29 years old and I feel like I need to start being a responsible adult who drinks plenty of water instead of drinking alcohol 😜 I would also like to be a role model for any future kids (let’s face it I’m not gonna have kids haha) so how can I be taken seriously if I advocate drinking etc. I want to learn to have fun and take it easy without having to intoxicate myself in order to do so. Thanks everyone who has joined the discussion so far ☺️

@cdlara381 Zero alcohol for almost two and a half years here. I had to quit cuz I am an alcoholic but I haven’t missed it at all and I lost a shit ton of fat in the first few months and built a ton of strength.

@isoter congrats! i'm approaching the 4 month mark myself, after decades of abuse. it's not that hard after the first month or so but the urge is still there.

@flaher90 July is my weed sober-versary. Took me six months and one day (I am so mad about that one day lol) after the alcohol to be ready for that. Congrats on your almost three years!

@cdlara381 It is an avoidable carcinogen. A lot of carcinogens are unavoidable— for instance, it’s almost certain that we all consume or inhale microplastics on a daily basis. Abstaining from alcohol is much more straightforward. Refusing to drink is just like refusing to smoke a cigarette. You are so much better off without it. Don’t let your mind trick you into thinking any amount of alcohol use is okay.

Back