What are your favorite snacks between lunch and dinner?

dcyshy

I find myself eating good food for breakfast and lunch (around 1 pm). And have a huge wait of 7 hours before dinner (8 pm). What are some light purchased or home made snacks?

Thanks in advance!

@dcyshy Do you need to wait for 8 pm for dinner? I ask because as I kid I was under the impression that dinner must be around 9 pm. And to fill the gap in between, I needed some snack. But at some point I simply started to eat dinner when I was hungry, maybe 6 pm. I don’t get hungry later on if that’s a concern and I could cut out snacking.

@dcyshy Bread + peanut butter + banana + cinnamon

Houmous + bread

Yoghurt + fruits + chia seeds + almonds + oats

Oats + protein powder + milk + chia seeds

@dawn16 I’m heavily relying on roasted edamame rn because of the price, convenience, protein quality and macros.

What’s the best price you can get on frozen edamame?

@dcyshy
  • proteinbar with some fruit and nuts
  • homemade protein brownies with nutbutter
  • lentil cakes / lentil chips
  • popcorn
  • biscoff spread on biscoff cookies
  • yoghurt with granola
  • ricecakes with avocado & kimchi
  • smoothie with protein powder & nutbutter

@dcyshy I love snacking on popcorn - it's a volume snack, light on cals and I can eat a lot of it.

I also keep instant miso soup packets in my pantry for a savoury snack.

There's always a bag of sugar snap peas and baby carrots in my fridge also, so they are easy to grab and snack on (plus pre-washed). Fruit is another quickie.

@dcyshy I make a dip/spread out of tofu and sautéed garlic/onions/peppers that's really good with veg sticks, crackers/chips or as a sandwich spread.

@dcyshy Banana and Ezekiel raisin bread, trail mix, nori sheets, smoothies, Trader Joe's brand of corn nuts, and crispy chickpeas with turmeric and salt that I buy from an Indian market.

All great on the go.

@dcyshy I generally just have some fruit between lunch and dinner. I don't have 7 hours between those meals.

If I had to wait 7 hours, I would try to find a way to eat dinner earlier or would eat a bigger lunch. Probably would still want a snack, depending on time between meals.

@dcyshy Yogurt with peanut butter or pb2 and berries (sometimes I add chocolate chips too :p), protein bar (I like misfits), trail mix, fruit, protein shake

Back