What are your thoughts on this crazy stuff?

christianr_

Guys, I wanted to share with you what I found. So I was surfing youtube guys and found these types of videos. A lot of technical elements with using one arm. The technicality of many elements is from another planet. Contortionist grips and positions. Dips into reverse meat hooks with changing grips on the fly. Very impressive discipline.

@rzolute Indeed, intensive on the shoulders. But the guy in the third video is currently active in training as I suspect, because I checked his channel and social media pages. So I guess they manage to train these elements without major injuries. But who knows?

@trisagion3 Yep, stuff is complex and dangerous without a trainer. Many elements are authentic and hard to find implications based on studies because there are no studies. It's just self-made. Thus it's critical when doing this kind of self-created element to have someone who knows the ins and outs about which muscles gain the most overload, so as to prevent injuries. Some stuff in these videos is borrowed from gymnastics like swings in the l-grip from the 1st video. For this, you can find plenty of material or ask a knowledgeable person because the element is common.

@christianr_
A lot of technical elements with using one arm. The technicality of many elements is from another planet. Contortionist grips and positions

Circus performers are the most common ones using the one arm hangs for meathooks and also the one arm back levers.

It's impressive to see momentum based movements going into that. Requires a lot more shoulder stability and strength than normal

@deborah123 Thank you, for your commentary. I'm familiar with the performances of circus artists. That is why I was so amazed when I saw these elements based on meathooks, reverse meathooks and the one-arm back levers are done with virtuosity in technic on a street horizontal bar. I also found a quite interesting video for you. This is a short video.

Inframundo en Contrado (Gimbarr)

The video is showing an element that is done in a weird grip. Some research and I found out what this grip is called and also how to make this grip. In Gimbarr that's how this street sport discipline called they named this grip contrado.

To make this grip you have to turn your arm and shoulder from an overhand grip to an elgrip and after the elgrip, you make a turn forward and voila you're in a grip that is shown in the video. That is a 360-degree turn from an overhand grip! Also to reach this grip you can make an exercise that is informally called "shoulder dislocates" but in an overhand grip instead of an underhand grip that is typically used in this exercise. Gymnastics doesn't use this grip on a bar. But they have this kind of flexibility in their shoulders as they do moves on the rings.

That is what I found out. So I have a few questions for you. Is it safe to train this kind of flexibility? Does gymnastics have this type of grip?

@christianr_
To make this grip you have to turn your arm and shoulder from an overhand grip to an elgrip and after the elgrip, you make a turn forward and voila you're in a grip that is shown in the video. That is a 360-degree turn from an overhand grip! Also to reach this grip you can make an exercise that is informally called "shoulder dislocates" but in an overhand grip instead of an underhand grip that is typically used in this exercise. Gymnastics doesn't use this grip on a bar. But they have this kind of flexibility in their shoulders as they do moves on the rings.

Gymnasts use elgrip on bar all the time in jam movements and pirouettes. Example below and you can search 'elgrip high bar' or elgrip giants or variations of that to find videos with them.

But yeah that video is a cool sequence of elgrip conversion to a dip above the rings

@deborah123 I knew that gymnasts use elgrip on bar all the time. I wasn't stating that they don't use elgrip, I was stating though that they don't use the grip as far as I know that you get turning forward 180 degrees from an elgrip, as it's illustrated in the video that I inserted in my post.

Elgrip and the grip in the video are totally different. So that was my question asking about the exact grip in the video that I inserted in my post.

Though you put a great example of elgrip giants.

@christianr_ Impressive without a doubt. But also visually unpleasant to look at. Liek others have said, it hurts to just watch. I guess it is rather impossible to make this tricks look good.