what is your fav low calorie breakfast?

lw97nils

something delicious
low calorie (max 400)
and quick to make!

Mine is below (i know there could be more protein on this but this is my fav breakfast!)

piece of toast (65 calories)
1 z of avocado smeared on top (50 calories max)
fried egg (80 calories)
tiny bit of butter on the toast (measures out at 2 grams and is about 15 calories or so)
salt + pepper + red pepper flakes
drizzle of olive oil on top = 40

tea with 3 tbsp of milk = 25

total = 275

@lw97nils Soup and a sandwich!!

Usually some veggie soup, and i might add some broth for more liquid. A really good one ive been enjoying is egg salad sandwich using one or two eggs, (1 egg for a sandwich 2 for two slices of toast) but adding cottage cheese and mustard instead of mayo.

I use carbonaut bread they also have bagels that are 100 cal (i do not recommend the bagels tho tbh 😭)

I also like to make tiffany plates with a sausage, cottage cheese and mustard, veggies and fruit of choice

@lw97nils Currently rotating btwn 2 breakfasts:

First is 120g egg white omelette with spinach, cherry tomatoes, and feta. I'll pair this with protein pancakes (from scratch, not box mix) topped with sf syrup and maybe some berries. This plate combined w 120ml 2% milk in my morning coffee comes out to ~30 G protein for under 350 cals.

Second is an oatmeal mug cake. 20g oats, scoop of chocolate protein powder, like 5 grams sf chocolate pudding mix, and water mixed in a mug and microwaved in bursts until I like the consistency. I top w raspberries and 5g 70% dark chocolate. 20g protein for ~300 cals, depending on toppings!

@rod288 I use the one on choosingchia.com as a guide! I use half the oil and ~50g of the vanilla protein powder from Trader Joe's. I also add cinnamon and extra vanilla :) I usually make smaller pancakes and it makes 5 servings. Still searching for the perfect fluffy pancake recipe but these are pretty solid!

@bear78 ofc!! Yes, I use liquid whites. I have a little nonstick pan that I just put on the scale and pour the egg whites directly into and then season with salt, pepper, red chili flakes, and onion powder bc egg whites are boring lol. I add chopped spinach, cherry tomatoes (preferably roasted!! trust), and like 20g of feta cheese on top. Then I cover the pan to let the top cook a bit before flipping in half. Cover again to let the inside finish cooking, pro tip is to sprinkle some water drops onto the pan before covering to create steam. Sorry if this makes no sense 🥲 but I swear it's super fast and simple! I use 120g egg whites and this makes a pretty big omelette for me

@lw97nils During the work week: High protein yogurt + no sugar added granola + chia seeds + berries, with coffee! Lots of protein, fiber, and antioxidants. 200 cal :)

@lw97nils One slice sprouted wheat toast, 1 egg + 1/3 cup egg whites scrambled, 30 grams avocado, sprinkled with TJ’s chili lime seasoning. Some berries. Coffee with 2 tbsp whole milk.

@lw97nils I’m lazy af. I throw rolled oats in a jar with unsweetened almond milk and some frozen strawberries and blueberries, and a teaspoon of brown sugar. Put it in the fridge the night before and bam, breakfast.

@lw97nils i go through phases of what i like to eat for breakfast. this week it's my cottage cheese/greek yogurt bowls. i combine a little bit of both, some flavoring (i.e. - vanilla pasta, cocoa powder, cinnamon, pb powder, sweetener etc.) and top it with fruit and something crunchy (nuts, chocolate chips, etc.). i found some super sweet blackberries earlier this week and have been combining it with cut up bananas for my bowls (love the berry + banana combo). this is less than 300 calories and 25g of protein.

@lw97nils My go to is to start my day off with a latte using a cup of Fairlife higher protein milk and then a greek yogurt bowl (triple zero oikos) with chia seeds (tbsp), raspberries and a little granola. Gets me 30g of protein and 12g of fiber for under 400 calories

@lw97nils Mine is 360 cals and 45g protein.

170g plain nonfat Greek yogurt, 25g vanilla protein powder, one stevia packet, 20g Kind peanut butter granola, and about 200g strawberries. I have that almost every day.

If I want something heartier, I also like chicken apple gouda sausages that are 340 cals and 32g protein for two of them.

@lw97nils Yishi black sesame oatmeal (I buy the large bag so its 200/serving), plus coffee with ghost protein powder (120/scoop). gives you about 28g of protein, tastes great and is a nice energy boost. I'm chronically on the verge of overstepping too so this is a nice save

@lw97nils Bacon and egg bfast taco on a high protein tortilla (200 cal and 19g protein)

Honey bunches of oats with high protein almond milk (240 cal and 12g protein)