What's your "I know I should(n't) be doing this"?

@rondo7 I feel (hope) that my core gets enough functional training from heavy compound lifts that I'm not doing myself a disservice by not targeting them.
I also personally don't care for super ripped,bulky abs (mostly just on me) which is another reason I don't like to train them.

@dolphins19923 Yep, same here. I do the TLS 4 day split and there should be an ab circuit twice a week, I'm already happy if I do one haha. A lot of ab workouts are uncomfortable for me because my left hip always snaps and if there's any "issue" like my headphones are low battery (annoying beeping) or I'd have to wait for equipment, I'm like "nooope not today".

@brianhex God, yes! I'm usually so wiped after squats and deadlifts that doing the abs section is just... Not happening. I've used all my will power on the heavy lifts haha.

@brianhex Oh gosh I have this, I used to be able to do P90X’s ab workout when I was younger, now half the moves I get a popping snapping feeling that is SOO uncomfortable!

@brianhex My right hip does that! I always refer to it as "catching". it doesn't hurt but it makes a gross noise and is really annoying haha.
If I'm lucky I manage to do a few planks a week lol

@dolphins19923 Mine did that until I found out it was a glute weakness on one side. While yours might not be anything; if you get a sharp pain, it's definitely worth looking into as it could be TFL tightness drawn on by glute weakness.

@sheeple Tight psoas sometimes goes hand in hand with weak glute activation usually brought on from your standard 9-5 sitting lifestyle. While it might not be anything; if your insurance affords it it might be worthwhile to see a sports therapist to see what exercises you can do yourself to work on fixing the imbalance.

@brianhex Ooh, great question! I think mine is definitely half-assing most of my upper body exercises - my upper body is comparatively so weak, training there feels so unsatisfying, but my lack of back strength is affecting my squat. I actually just went to the gym yesterday to work SOLELY on back to try and break out of this mindset, and worked out I probably have overactive traps as compared to the rest of my back muscles, which is contributing to the lifts feeling less satisfying. Also recently discovered that wrist wraps changed my weak-gripped, baby-wristed lil life. Happy I finally have something to work on!

@dawn16 Oh god I hate training upper body. Like deep down I know I have to or else my squats/deadlifts are gonna suffer. But I just get halfway through back day and just go “nah” and do abs instead.