Women: your experience with S&S?

testin123

Are there any women out there who have tried S&S? What kind of strength or aesthetic changes did you experience?

@testin123 32 y/o woman. I can't necessary say I've had any aesthetic changes, but I can say S&S has upped my strength levels. Much better shoulder stability with the TGUs over time and better overall core activation. I think my strict overhead press went up about 10 pounds. I do mix S&S with other programs, I haven't only done S&S for a significant period of time. I find it really helpful as a touchstone program - I like going back to it to test my strength and/or as a go-to so I don't have to really think/plan too much.

@testin123 34 y/o woman here. I love S & S, my goal for this winter is to get to the simple standard by spring. I've gained weight while on the program. But who cares when you have to start wearing a belt because your waist is so much trimmer. Also I've started getting compliments on my arms, ironically, from the guys at work. There have also been a few WTF moments, like what do you mean moving that much tile up and down stairs was hard? It practically felt like a warm up to me! So overall I've loved how much stronger/fitter I feel, with the bonus of the daily workouts helping me sleep better.

@testin123 Yeah, I do S&S. I don't do it properly. I do it 2/3 times a week and other routines in between.

But it's great, because it's quick and you can track progress easily.

Ooft, it's hard to say, I mean I've got stronger overall for sure. I guess it depends on your own strengths and weaknesses to begin with.

My back is more developed, my hamstrings, forearms.... they are the bits I notice most. I was working out and doing barbell and dumbell stuff before so it wasn't like I was starting with nothing.

I also feel like, it's pretty much guaranteed that I will continue to get stronger, I've not reached my limit yet. I started with a 6kg bell, now I'm on 16 after nearly 6 months. I take it slow, you could probably do it a lot quicker.

I think I've got another step up to 20kg in me, at least. Not sure I'll try and push it much further, I don't have that kind of ambition!

If you are considering it, I would definitely recommend. It's just a great place to start.