Workout Equipment You Love vs. Never Use

@robertmichel73 Ohhhh a timer/clock is a genius idea. We've been setting timers on a Google Home, and it's really annoying when you just need a thirty second timer. I don't know why it never occurred to me to just buy a standalone clock with a second feature...

@mfuller for longer sets you can also use a basic kitchen timer. I like mine cause you just wind it up and it ticks and goes "ring!" and no distracting features ir little buttons.

@rsdar We're mostly doing sets of exercises that have us doing things for 30 seconds to 1 minute. A kitchen timer would be great for longer intervals, but I want something I never have to set!

@beckydolphingurl Yeah, we've tried the apps and just setting interval timers on our phones but it's just so finicky and clumsy when you're doing sets. I think just getting a clock with a second display would work better for us.

@hebahesh Loves:
  • Treadmill (it's in my garage so that frees up space)
  • Yoga mats
  • Dumbells
  • Kettlebells
Never use:
  • Resistance bands (I have to hide these so my cat doesn't eat them, thus I forget they exist)
  • Jump rope (My garage ceiling is a bit too low. Now that it's spring, I'm going to try to jump rope outside again)
  • Ab roller

@hebahesh Love:
  • Bala bangles (I wear these during yoga and doing yoga sculpt - even with dumbbells). Been getting a ton of compliments on my arms lately :)
Rarely Use
  • Resistance bands (I think the ones I got from MariEasy are a too big - they don't add much to my workout)

@theobvioushero Started with the 1 lb bangles in 2020 and just went up to the 2lbs this year once things got a lil too easy with the 1 lb weights.

When I "retired" the 1lb bangles for my wrists, I moved them to my ankles when I'm doing balancing poses. Those lil weights really add to the difficulty!

@hebahesh Love: peloton, treadmill, 10-lb dumbbells, 10-lb kettlebell, 15-lb weighted vest

Rarely use: literally everything else - barbell/plates, bench, all other heavier weights, jump rope, yoga mat, 'desk cycle' (it ended up not fitting under my desk so now it just takes up space!)

@abienoona The first thing I thought of was my jump rope that's been in its cubby for 2 years, and I'm glad to see no one else in this thread seems to give a shit about theirs either, lol

@alwaysalways That is pretty funny that we all collectively said meh. I always want to because I love watching videos of people with cool jump rope skills but I don’t actually enjoy it.

@hebahesh Love my squat rack/barbell, regular dumbbells, yoga mat (splurged on a nice one and hey...it doesn’t shred when doing mountain climbers and the like), sliders and my gym flooring (got roll out recycled tire flooring and don’t have issues when the gym gets a little damp anymore)

I have intermittent use out of my resistance bands, resistance loops, dip bars, chin up bar and kettlebells, but I’m really glad to have them when needed (especially the kettlebells).

The only purchase that wasn’t worth it was a yoga wheel. I just haven’t found enough uses for it.

And last, I just bought a pulley system which will probably replace a lot of resistance band exercises, but I haven’t used it yet so the jury is still out. :)