Workout Equipment You Love vs. Never Use

@theonekingjesus I have such a hard time with the 10 lb ones when I’m doing an exercise where I have to hold them on the side (like twists, overhead moves with the dumbbell horizontal, etc). I try to hold them with the arch side facing down, if that makes sense. I’ve also had to lower down to my 8 lb dumbbells (separate ones from the adjustable) for things like tricep kickbacks, just because it’s so awkward.

@hebahesh LOVE: spin bike, homemade barre, light weights (for barre), mini band, adjustable plate weights, yoga mat.

MEH: kettlebell, long resistance band

NOPE: weight bench (I just dont feel good lifting heavy), rowing machine

@hebahesh I have a small collection.

Love/use at least weekly:
- adjustable dumbbells (powerblock) [interested in what OP has since said it takes too long to change]
- yogat mat
- booty band
- 2lbs dumbbells
- ankle weights (great for abs!)
- xpole stage
-yoga blocks

Won’t buy again:
- yoga wheel

@lapinot I use my adjustable dumbells several times a week BUT the only kind I could buy in the pandemic are ones where you put on weight plates then screw the end piece. It takes a minute or two to change the weight. I got a second pair of handles so now I just have one lighter set and one heavier set. It isn't ideal, but until the gym in my building is open it'll have to do.

@hebahesh Love: my bosu ball. I’m obsessed

Don’t use: the elliptical but that’s on me because it’s in the garage while the bike/rest of the workout stuff is inside

@hebahesh I have a step block, Pilates circle, switch fit, and bands... and I use none of them. I just go to the gym instead.

@hebahesh, can you link the under desk treadmill? Just got a standing desk at work and looking for options.

@hebahesh Love:

STEP! My aerobics step is my favorite thing ever (I have extra risers so it doubles as a bench)

Like:

Adjustable dumbbells

Les Mills "body pump" bars and weight plates

Mini-bands

Yoga mat

Spin bike

Rarely Use:

Gliders (I have an injury that makes them almost impossible to use)

One particular yoga mat that I just really hate (literally waiting for immunity so I can go to HomeGoods to replace it)

Resistance Bands

@hebahesh Love: bala bangles, bala ring, bala beam (I love love love everything from them). Can’t be without my Pilates circle, small squishy exercise ball, Therabands, short looped resistance bands, dumbbells

Just OK: long resistance bands

@hebahesh I live in an apartment so large equipment isn't an option and I work out in my living room.

Love
  • kettle bells: I have a big range from 15lbs to 63lb. So I do everything from light arm reps to dead lifts up to 126lbs at home
  • Two 8" Steps: good for quick aerobic, deep dead lifts and other body weight stuff
  • Double wide yoga mat: no more moving 2 mats around to protect my living room floor
  • Jump rope: easy fast cardio and helps my foot work
  • Ring fit - good fun recovery workout or for days I don't feel like working out
Pretty good:
  • Stability Ball
  • Dumbbells
  • Jungle gym
  • old hand rags for sliding
Rarely Use:

Resistance bands and pedistal: they are too long and don't have enough resistance to do anything. waste of money

@hebahesh My home gym is pretty bare bones so most things get good use, but I have an A-Jack (https://www.roguefitness.com/a-jack-green) that I thought I would use all the time... but because I can and do now deadlift in my rack, I just load the bar on the lowest setting and then unrack it out one side at a time.

Umm what else. I don't really use any but one of my short resistance bands. OH the sandbag I bought early in pandemic life, I really never got in a groove with that and I should probably get rid of it.

I'm really glad I bought auto-adjustable dumbbells, I was thinking about getting the manually adjustable kind and it looks like I made the right call even if they were more expensive.

@hebahesh Love: barbell, squat rack, plates, doorway pullup bar

Like: pullup bands, gymnastic rings, running shoes

Barely Use: bar collars, straps, chalk (the latter is mostly because I don't have the overhead space for c&j or snatch currently)

@hebahesh I love my treadmill SO MUCH! Working from home I can bang out a 5 minute incline walk every hour to get out of my seat. Super high UV rating? I could paint myself with sunblock, OR run in the comfort of my cooled home gym?

I can’t wait to build a desktop to add to it so I can just stroll and work all day long.

Also love: Buband, a simple contraption to strap big boobs down and augment your sports bra. Running, jump rope, plyo are SO much more comfortable.

Don’t love: my TRX. I just prefer using my dumbbells and kettlebells. I could see liking it more if I were doing some extended travelling but that’s just a pipe dream for a while yet.