worried about pelvic floor strength

@maksik288 Another recommendation for Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy!

Life changing after having my baby and returning to working out. No more leaks or dribbles. Mom bladder is not supposed to be the new normal - you can get it treated and fixed!

@jisarwm What did your PT do? Mine stretched my pelvic floor but was afraid for me to do kegels for fear that I'd lock back up & have spasms (which did happen). So, I don't pee on myself anymore cuz she stretched me, but I also can't stop my flow of urine midstream. My muscles r still weak.

@brit114 I had an initial appointment and probably 3 or 4 follow ups. She did an external ultrasounds to see how the muscles were working (or in my case not working) and how my bladder was positioned/supported.

Most of my treatment she did a lot of internal work. I had micro adhesions that had fused together so some of the muscles wouldn't fire because they were stuck together. She had to break up the adhered parts. She had other exercises for me to do to help retrain some of the muscle groups too.

@maksik288 Starting a new habit is always hard! But regular kegels really can help!

I found it helped to put a sticky note on my mirror in the bathroom, and I do them while I’m getting ready for work and again while I’m getting ready for bed. Kinda hard to forget when there’s a sign in my face that says: Kegels!

@maksik288 I am in my early twenties w/ no kids but struggled with this... totally sucks and ruined my joy from working out. I finally sucked it up and visited a Physical Therapist that also specialized in Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy.

It was life changing.

We. Do. Not. Have. To. Pee. Ourselves.... exact words from my 55 year old PT who had multiple kids and was very active. It sometimes take things besides kegels and seeing a PT a few times is amazing for getting the exercises you need to make your pelvic floor stronger.

Back