Worst WODs for a newbie

mydonspace

Seeing OK‘s question about first class and the great responses makes me think of the times someone has showed up on the worst possible day. When I felt compelled to say “honest, it’s not always like this!”. Murph comes to mind. What are some others?

@nuka This was the wod in my first class. Coach prepared me that this was a good thing as every other workout after that would be easier. 2 years later, that statement is still true.

@nuka This is the answer. If you don’t have great conditioning, you’re screwed. If you can’t manage to rep out 135lb thrusters, you’re screwed.

Even scaled — as a beginner it would be rough. RX, even when in pretty solid condition, it was brutal.

@mydonspace Had a new member come in on a tuesday who had no gym experience and pretty significantly out of shape. The WOD had burpees over box included and the coach did great on scaling and getting her through the workout. I heard their conversation before she left and the coach explained her legs would probably be significantly fatigued and she should take a couple days rest before returning. Saw her walk in the next time that friday for 24.2 and I just thought “bad luck” luckily she persevered and has been still coming a couple times a week since.

Back