would adding swimming into my routine be usefull?

chumpglows

Hi!

Im going to be starting my workouts again, for reference im going to be using a push pull legs arnold split workout plan

Before i used to go swimming after workouts to ease muscle pain, but i want to implement swimming more into my workouts, i want to go after workouts to use swimming as cardio, and maybe help with muscle toning. but im not sure how i should approach this?

Which strokes should i be using? and should i be using them all at the same day? (10 mins butterfly, 10 mins backbaddle etc etc) or should i use a swimming style that further pushes the muscle i trained?

How much should i be swimming? like time wise? or distance?

What i was planning to do was, do my workout, then do regular cardio, then swim like x amount of laps in a style, x in b, x in c etc untill im too tired to move, then chill in water or the jacuzi to help with muscle pain. would this be too much? or would swimming alone be enough of a cardio? should i skip biking running etc and use just swimming?

again for reference, im a casual swimmer, fastest in my friend group in short distances, but im in no way shape or form a swimmer. i just swim from summer to summer. also the pool is in the gym and a closed one so i can swim in the winter too.

All advice is apprechiated, thanks already :)