Wrecked

@kimberdavis90 Oh okay, it sounds like you have the time to go more often but you don't feel the greatest. If possible I would try and focus on sleep as well as nutrition, not sure what your sleep habits are like, but I had a very similar problem with feeling worn down and I upped my carbs and went to bed earlier, hope that helps.

@kimberdavis90 You need to start eating more in the morning and lunch and make sure you cram in enough carbs early in the day. I train 5-6 days a week and average 3200 cals per day, 246 grams protein, 327 grams carbs and 109 grams of fats. 30 years old and 79kg bodyweight.

I assume your training at night? Is that before or after you eat?

@kimberdavis90 Have a rest day in between each session, and make sure you’re eating enough. CF is quite demanding lol. If you struggle with appetite bring a smoothie to work and load it up with good stuff like oats, nut butter, dates, etc

@kimberdavis90 I bartend 4 nights a week and I try to do noon classes Monday, Wednesday and Fridays. Fridays are the toughest to get to and I wish I could do Saturday but I’m so dead from working Friday night I need to sleep in.

@kimberdavis90 I’d say to just start going 4 times a week but scale the workouts a bit more. Going twice a week might get you trapped in a cycle of being sore, having too much time off, and then being sore again. And you get a bigger variety of workouts since you are going more. After you start going more often you kind of build up a tolerance and aren’t as sore. I go a lot, and I’m only ever sore if I take a week off, or it if I do a workout that is harder or heavier than normal.

@kimberdavis90
  1. Scale the weights and reps and movements appropriately so you're not wrecked.
  2. Eat more, especially right after workouts, so you're not wrecked.
  3. Because you're not wrecked, go to classes more. 👌

@kimberdavis90 Scale properly and work up consistently to more frequency.

In my case, creatine and beta-alanine supplementation daily have also seemed to help to almost totally reduce DOMS and helped me to be able to train more frequently, without being overly tired. 39/M and currently training 6 times a week with the standard 3 days on 1 day off schedule.

@kimberdavis90 If you’re on your feet all day I’d say you already have a big advantage over someone sedentary. But it sounds like energy is your problem, try meal prepping some healthy meals, if that’s a lot of work (which it was for me) I recommend the home meal delivery kits like hello fresh and chef’s plate. Not only because their meals are delicious and made from scratch but because they get you into a habit of cooking for yourself and some meals last 1-2 days.

As others have said, go directly after work. It’ll suck and you’ll feel drained like all hell but eventually your body will adapt and you’ll feel weird if you don’t go. But it takes time, I’d estimate about 3 months before I finally settled into my 6 day routine.

@kimberdavis90 I cannot workout after work most days, I wake up extra early and get it out of the way before the day starts. It feels 1000x better for me in the morning.

As far as the frequency of your training goes, maybe try and go twice during the work week and add a session on the weekend and go from there?

I did 2x per week for the first few months and slowly adapted around going more often.

I was very sore, tired, and my self esteem was very very bad so it took a lot of time to get comfortable in a new routine but I built the habit up slowly.

You’ll get there at your pace with trial and error

@kimberdavis90 I would work on why you are so tired first.

Add at least one protein shake during the day.

Get your iron levels checked.

Try to eat a good, healthy breakfast containing at least 30g of protein. I recommend high protein bread, with peanut butter and a banana.

Honestly, you'll be amazed at how these seemingly simple things can change so much

Back