~1 year gym progress!!

@blessed53 I’m 32 and was diagnosed with AS (after dealing with symptoms for years and being blown off about them) last year and since I started biologics my life has improved so much. I’m back in the gym again after almost not being able to walk, I’m losing weight, and building muscle. Weight training is key to my pain management, although I also started swimming twice a week and feel this helps tremendously too. I love this post so much.

@billyblueeyes I’ve never bumped into anyone else on this sub with AS!!! Not that I’ve mentioned it much

I can’t imagine how shitty it must have been, being blown off about your symptoms for so long. I was diagnosed very early, and I already felt like I was losing my mind during the few months I was in pain and being told that nothing was wrong with my body.

I’m so happy that things are finally looking up for you. Sending a hug!!!! And I am also on biologics - life-changing, I hope they keep working for us both.

@blessed53 I don’t think it’s self-absorbed to take an interest in something you are interested in. The interest just happens to be your fitness and your personal progress. 😁

I understand gym anxiety! Good for you for not letting that get the best of you. I, too have chronic health issue that makes it hard. For me, slow and steady has proven to do the trick. I’ve gone hard and had to stop, then started cycles of working out for some months, then stopping for some months, then starting again, etc,. Looking for less realistic progress, especially since I am ectomorph who has a hard time putting on muscle.

I’m now looking for small progress, like, up two pound in weight, or feeling stronger during a set, or better after a workout and into my off days. Small steady progress over the course of years is sustainable.

You look strong, healthy, and your quads look amazing.