2022 NoBull CrossFit Games IE6: Up and Over Discussion Thread

@orthodoxlady1994 Yes, you totally could. But Ricky was caught. He also blatantly lied about it and took a podium spot from someone else. So unfortunately the eyes are on him as a previously guilty party. I do agree that testing should absolutely be more consistent and widespread across all athletes throughout the year, but idk how you’d handle testing rookies. That’s a good point.

ETA it’s obvious the testing protocol isn’t great, and I don’t doubt there are athletes that use PEDs and get away with it.

@at7ila If you watch where Ricky’s feet are when he drops the bar, he’s standing right on the line. When he picks it up to start lunging again he’s a couple feet past the line. His judge made him go back to where he last lunged.

@jonjones229 that last set of lunges from Justin was awesome. no stutter step when the trailing foot catches the front foot. just walking right thru it like a boss!

@jonjones229 I know this is an old-man-yelling-at-clouds comment, but I miss how the Reebok games looked visually. They always came up with a combination of colors that accented each other, and then let athletes pick-and-choose how to combine those colors into shorts, shirts, shoes, sweatbands, etc. And every year, the color combinations changed, so each year had its own visual identity.

The black/gray/white/tan of NoBull is just boring.

@orthodoxlady1994 I would buy them, but visually I can't pick anyone out except Danielle Brandon because of her hair!
Nobull have done coloured like bright pinks and blues etc before so not sure why they couldn't use some colour in the games. Even different shades of one colour and athletes could mix and match shades would help

@orthodoxlady1994 If they're not wanting to change their bland color palette, how about some different patterns.

We're trying to pick out individual athletes while they're all wearing variations of the same thing.

Earlier I heard an announcer on the age groups describe someone as "on the bottom of the screen in camo." That described about half the field.

I'm not saying do horse racing with polkadot patterns or anything, but let the athletes express themselves and their personalities a bit.

Definitely the numbers could be bigger and easier to read, too.