[29M] Been training since 2021, not seeing much progress. Please help?

@ladydenise226 Unironically, get some adjustable dumbbells off of Facebook marketplace and start to progressively overload with them. Body weight fitness is clearly not working for you, try something different.

@ladydenise226 Yeah, what they all said! You need to work it and work it hard and intelligently. There is so much sound advice out there....unfortunately, you need to dig through the trash. Also, if you're not seeing results after 3 years, you need to completely overhaul your workout plan. There's no other way to say it.

Increase to at least 4 times a week....Do 3000 to 5000 good calories a day....creatine is your friend👍🏽. There are 7 days in the week....you need to be training more than half the week to get to where you wanna be....

Forget about weighted pull-ups...consider your own body weight and look to increase the quantity....physique, strength and the ability to use your body effectively....Find your fitness groove👍🏽

Personally, I love jump rope...addicted in fact.

Food wise, if you wanna bulk up dirty...go Greek or Indian....you'll get fat in no time!!!😜👍🏽

Good luck in your fitness journey and remember, consistency is king 🤴💪👍🏽🫡

@ladydenise226 Looks to me like you’re not training that hard at all, just the way you typed out this “plan” is evidence of that. No sets. No reps. No rest times. No actually valuable information. I’m also gonna guess you’re not following an ACTUAL plan, and you have no idea how to diet properly. I’m guessing you don’t count calories, you don’t track macros, have no idea how much protein and calories you’re actually supposed to be eating. I mean PBnJ? every night? are you a toddler? You didn’t think chicken or tuna or ground beef would be a better choice for a sandwich? Like have you watched ANY videos on fitness and nutrition since you started? Like bro, go on YouTube man! A scoop of protein powder? An avocado? Bro eat REAL FOOD!! BEEF, CHICKEN, FISH, with vegetables and fruit. Bro eating a scoop of protein and PBnJ sandwiches wondering why he can’t gain weight 😂honestly the posts I be seeing on this subreddit. EAT FOOD!

@ladydenise226 I keep saying it, the way you make gains with callesthenics (or callisthenics+ extra weight) is by working to failure (or very close to it). Go until you can't possibly do another rep correctly. Unlike with freeweights or machines, where you can change the weight or number of reps/sets to focus more on hypertrophy or strength; when you are doing body weight exercises, you essentially do both to make gains (because it's based around using essentially a fixed weight). Because of that, gains are often pretty slow, compared to weights or machines, but you can end up being very strong for your size.

Other than doing exercises in cadence (normally for warmup or as a punitive measure), we usually didn't do things by repetition. Our sets were generally timed AMRAP's (repetitions) with just enough time to almost catch your breath as you go onto the next starting position (it tested your cardio and respiratory systems to some extent as well) . Every once in a while, we would put rep numbers in place; but that was part of a timed AMRAP circuit (rounds).

Example: 30 minutes, timed sets (45sec work, 15 sec rest) if that gets easy (no time soon if you are actually doing AMRAP with full range of motion), you can change the time to 95 sec work, 25 sec rest, adjust number of exercises accordingly and switch up which ones you're doing each workout. Or you can add weight (psst: loaded rucksack and/or body armor (weighted vest)).
  1. hand release pushup, amrap
  2. Prisoner squats, amrap
  3. crunches, amrap
  4. Aussie pull-ups, amrap
  5. alternating side lunges, amrap
  6. right side swivel+crossbody crunches, amrap
  7. elevated pike push ups, amrap
  8. calf raises, amrap
  9. left side swivel+crossbody crunches, amrap
  10. assisted one right arm pushup, amrap
  11. explosive lunge/recover (like fencing) alternating sides, amrap
  12. forward plank
  13. assisted one left arm pushup, amrap
  14. jump-turn squats, amrap
  15. right side plank
  16. divebombers, amrap
  17. back plank
  18. left side plank
  19. wide flex arm hang
  20. Copenhagen hip abductors right side, amrap
  21. supine bicycle
  22. one right arm aussie chinup
  23. Copenhagen hip abductors left side, amrap
  24. double leg lift, explosive raise, slow lower, amrap
  25. one left arm aussie chinup
  26. plie squats, amrap
  27. reverse crunches, amrap
  28. dips, amrap
  29. Nordic hamstring curls, amrap
  30. hollow body hold
if you fatigue out on a set/exercise, do not stop, continue to attempt partial reps or switch to an easier variation for the rest of the time. I will usually begin with a short warm up, a 2-2.5 mile run (or a 0.5 mile jog, then sprints), do some version of this workout, then jog about 0.5 miles back to the car/house for a cool down, total time is 1hr-1.5 hrs generally, 3-4 times a week. You should feel like crap for 10-20 minutes after the workout if you gave it full effort. I also work a very physical job 4 days a week, and i farm. I also try to spar kickboxing/mma, hit the bag, fence, or hit the 3d archery course in a metropark once a week (my 220lb crossbow is a full body exercise to span, plus the walking and pseudo-isometrics of using it) (depends on what my schedule allows).

example: limited sets, AMRAP (rounds)
1. 15 push ups
2. 15 hanging leg raises
3. 15 pull ups
4. 15 jump-turn squats
5. 15 mountain climbers

30 minutes, AMRAP
I never liked this style of workout, they get stale about halfway through in my experience.

I would also guess you're eating too many calories, and that's keeping your body fat % up enough to conceal any gains you've made. For several months, I would recomend tracking everything you eat, and try to develop a diet that gets you the macros you need, with only the calories you need to function. After a while, you start to get a feel for what you should eat/timings, and you don't have to track it as closely. ensure there is a decent calorie deficit until you get down to slightly below your target body fat %, then add calories to a maintenence level. For example, I'm 31, 5'9", 205lbs; and I walk 19-23 miles dragging heavy pallets around a warehouse 4 days a week (along with lifting/stacking pallets), on top of working out and farming and other activities. I realistically need to be consuming 3200-3600 calories per day to maintain my weight with that level of activity. Right now, I'm trying to do a body recomp, so I shoot for 1900-2300 calories per day, with my macros running around 177g carbs, 97g fats, 130g protein on days I workout, and 3/4 of that on days I don't. So far, it's working well, and I've maintained 205 lbs, but have dropped from roughly 23% to 17% in 4 months. I want to run this down to 14% before I increase to a maintenance intake (shooting for 15% right now).

@ladydenise226 First of all you are not bulking, eating a sandwich and little avocado is barely any calories you really need to eat and thats your Number One problem if you have been working out for 3 years you should have gained 20-30 pounds.
Also your workout just do tried and true exercises bench press squats Pull Ups rows overhead press and really work hard whenever you think if done a set you should do 3 or 4 more reps

@ladydenise226 Pb and avocado isn't enough protein to be extra anything really. I feel like nut butters get hyped up as a health food but they aren't, they're so fatty. Try like a night time protein bowl with yogurt, whey and fixings instead of a sandwich.
ake sure you're hitting the right calories for your body size and drastically pump up your work outs.

@ladydenise226 LMFAOOO is this a joke???

7.5lb weights???

in the gym i generally tell people dont even mention their body or fitness or weight or effort or anything until they’ve at least hit their 225lb bench, 315lb squat, and 405lb deadlift.

which should be within 1 year of lifting for an average man. that’s when you can officially call yourself a beginner.

you’ve waste a shit ton of time doing absolutely jack shit.

you’re using sub 20lb dumbells for a floor press??? what the fuck?? you should be using 100lb dumbells for chest press within a year ish.

progressive overload? lift big to get big. what on earth are you doing….

“i find myself at a crossroads”… brother the only path ahead of you is effort. put some fucking work in. load a couple hundred pounds on a bar. and fucking lift it. again and again till you give up. and then wait 3 minutes and do it again.

working out at home with no equipment and getting big is not real. it won’t happen. don’t lie to yourself.

join a gym.

@ladydenise226 Full body is not a great training program once you've been training for a while.

First, check in on your sleep and diet.

Secondly, consider an upper lower split, or even push pull legs.

I would just train more days of the week, but only train 2 lifts with very high intensity.

I.e

Monday Pull

Weighted pullup 5x5 w/15lbs

Row 4x10

Wednesday Push

Dips 5x5 w/15lbs

Pushups 4x15

Friday Legs

Pistol squat 3x3

Weighted squat 4x8

Saturday 30mins cardio @ 60-70% max HR

Sunday 30mins cardio @ 60-70% max HR

Trust me brah, its enough. Do less shit, but do it harder.