6 day bro split

@gladventist Usually 16-18 for chest. I know most people say it’s too much, but my body just don’t grow with low volume.

Chest day is indeed an easier day, which makes it perfect for abs/cardio/busy days.

This split you gave me is interesting.
Rest for 3 whole days then ? Or just one ? I don’t think I can stop myself from going to the gym for 3 full days lol

@rijesusfreak 16-18 is almost certainly too much volume for one session to be honest. i know you say you dont grow from low volume but there is such as a thing as getting too much volume too. and that can not only not give you no gains, but actively subtract gains as well.

to answer your question, no i am suggesting just one day rest, if you even need to every week. not every split needs to be perfectly 7 days, it just works out that way a lot of the time.

@rijesusfreak I’m doing
- Chest triceps abs
- Back biceps hamstring
- Quads calves shoulders

Four day version of that is quads and calves by themselves and hams are done on shoulder day.

I think pros do well on bro/5 day splits because their massive bodies need longer to heal.

I think a natty would do fine on a 2/3/4 day split.

@rijesusfreak Bench day. Squat day. Bench day. Deadlift day. Bench day. Squat day.

Bench a: 5x5
Bench b: 3x8
Bench c: 1x1, 5x2

Squat a: 5x5
Squat b: 1x1, 3x3

Deadlift a: 1x1, 3x5

Add accessories. Enjoy.

@rijesusfreak I'd say hit 2+ complementary parts to get enough volume to really improve your smaller and easier recovering muscles and be able to up your total quality volume.

Chest/triceps/abs
Back/biceps (no chain)
Legs (quads/hams/calves), abs
Shoulders/arms/upper back
Post chain, abs
repeat day, alternating weeks

I like being able to hit things more than once per week without spamming light exercises too much and dragging workouts out just hitting 10 sets of biceps in one workout, for example. Since you've hit everything in 5 days this way, you can bring it back around and rotate your extra, maybe lighter day at the end of the week and get more gains. Hitting abs 3 times, you can do weighted or challenging exercises and get those good quality sets in and easily get 10+ which is my goal minimum sets for things I'm training and improving.

Back